Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fecking inlaws fecking feck

Options
  • 23-10-2011 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

I know this is hardly a big deal right but.

My girlfriends parents and sister are over for the weekend and its been hell so far.
    They're absolutely lovely people, They bought us 40 quid worth of electricity and loads of shopping since we're broke and all that its just they're so different from my family that I can't understand how to deal with them.
    Its all simple but incredibly annoying stuff.

Me and my girlfriend have been living together for about 6 months now and we are both in our early twenties. When her parents come over they don't seem to understand that they are guests here. Fortunately they do it in the best possible way. For instance her mum or dad will make the dinner while they are here and take out the bins, do the washing up etc. This sounds great but i'm really uncomfortable with it. It makes me feel like I'm the guest in my own home.
    Her mother decided to the clothes washing for us. I asked herself before they came not to let her do it, I wouldnt mind if it was just her daughters stuff but since we share a wash pile my stuff was mixed in with it and it might sound weird but I really didnt want a stranger washing me jocks for me! I never got a chance to get the stuff cleared before they came. Sure enough anyway I come home and herself is hanging them up on the clothes horse to dry after her mother washed them. Probably my own fault but still I thought it wasnt right. I havent had someone wash my underpants for me for years!!

Another irritating thing. We live in a two bedroom flat, I have my room and she has her room but we always sleep in the same bed anyway. When her family is over she sleeps in her bed with her mother and her sister while her dad sleeps on the sitting room floor. That just strikes me as very odd (her sister is 17 btw). Why what is the point in that???

Also I've never met a bunch of people who talk so fecking much yet communicate so little!! Serious its like a fecking shouting contest. and then they turn the telly on but there's no point cos theyre not going to listen they're just going to shout over it and then because they cant hear it with all the shouting they'll turn it up, and then they'll have to shout louder to be heard over the telly!!! Jesus wept!!

A few minutes ago herself stuck the head in the door to say goodnight and to see if I was asleep since she could see the light was still on. I was sitting in bed chatting to her while she stood at the door keeping it kinda half open so no one could see in. Then her sister comes up behind her and starts pushing her for the laugh. I reckon she was being nosy and wanted to see what the inside of my room looked like. She saw what the wallpaper was like and mentioned that it was different from herselfs room??????????? (again 17 year old girl)

Her Dad still speaks to her and her sister like theyre children referring to himself in the third person as Daddy. I mean come on like!
    "Have a look in Daddy's bag maybe he put it in there" :confused:

Her sister whines and cant seem to recognise when two people are having an important conversation. I came home there earlier and i was trying to talk to herself about important stuff and ber sister kept interrupting with stupid pictures of her friends. And my god the whineing. Proper little girl whineing with that little addded uh at the end of the sentence.
    "But Dad-uh" "NNNOOoooooooo-uh"

They all sit around then in the sitting room and talk about people I dont know or care about again making me feel like the odd one out in my own fecking house.
    They take **** all interest in me either. They never ask me any questions about what I do or how I'm getting on. Her dad goes on and on about his job but if I try and talk about mine I'm soon interupted and the subject is changed.
    They don't pay any fecking attention to me. Its like I'm just in the way of them spending time babying their daughter.

They drive me ****ing nuts!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

They bought you electricity?

Where can I get some?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Does your girlfriend like fellacio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

somefeen wrote: »
    They're absolutely lovely people, They bought us 40 quid worth of electricity

That box that they gave you. The one they said had 40 quids worth of electricity in it.

It hasn't.

It's actually just air.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

You gotta get your self an orphan!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

That's an impressive bunch of words. Let it all out man. Let it all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Retards the lot of ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

be honest OP its the sexual frustration isnt it

So how hot is the 17 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Clemon wrote: »
    Retards the lot of ye!

I'm severely retarded and I find your comment highly offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Did ya do the sister yet? Give her something to moan about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

They all sit around then in the sitting room and talk about people I dont know or care about...

ahem.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

So how hot is the 17 year old?

Its impossible for me to see her that way but i reckon not as hot as her sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

They take **** all interest in me either. They never ask me any questions about what I do or how I'm getting on. Her dad goes on and on about his job but if I try and talk about mine I'm soon interupted and the subject is changed.
    They don't pay any fecking attention to me. Its like I'm just in the way of them spending time babying their daughter.

They drive me ****ing nuts!!!!
    It's okay OP, we'll give you the attention you crave.

congratulations, you will be marrying into the royal family

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Walk out.

See if they will ignore you then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Man, and I thought I have it bad here. my worries are over after reading that. anyway just take it easy as they will be gone soon.

Ah they're lovely really they just operate in a way Im not used to at all at all.

When her family is over she sleeps in her bed with her mother and her sister

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭B0 SELECTRA

it could be alot worse with life we have to put up with stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Set a small fire and then dance around it declaring yourself the pixie queen....

.... guarantee ya'll get a bit of notice then

• Advertisement

look your riding my daughter, she's only known you for 6 months, she hardly knows you, yet you want US to ask you about your life! come on man, cop on you ungratefull..

I havent had someone wash my underpants for me for years!!
    Jaysus they must have been in a right mess, dirty bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Her dad sleeps on the sitting room floor what the f*ck man ? Is he a f*cking klingon

Sort that s*it out

And as the sister, mother and girlfriend all go off to sleep together in the one bed, the OP goes off to bed alone & ponders the unfairness of having to deal with his inlaws coming over & making themselves at home in his house....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They bought you electricity?

Where can I get some?

Have a look in Daddy's bag maybe they put it in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

And as the sister, mother and girlfriend all go off to sleep together in the one bed, the OP goes off to bed alone & ponders the unfairness of having to deal with his inlaws coming over & making themselves at home in his house....

We'd all fu*king hit it

Is it just me or is this thread not quite working out as the OP expected it to?

Is it just me or is this thread not quite working out as the OP expected it to?

No. No It has not :( Nobody loves me and I have to sleep alone

You know Daddy is sleeping on the floor so why not ask him to join you?

He might let you touch his bag

• Advertisement

you could always ask me to come up from the sitting room floor :confused:

Advertisement