Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thats exactly what it is but der Rangers boys here are all sticking their fingers in their ears and singing 'la la la' because its the first they heard of it!

I don't know where you get all that ****, but for most Rangers fans Whyte's history isn't a secret.
    He has indeed been involved in some companies which ran into trouble sooner or later, but the rest (he 'fled' the country etc.) is speculation, nothing else.

However, there is no evidence that he was involved in illegal activities, which is what the BBC (and you) are claiming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I don't know where you get all that ****, but for most Rangers fans Whyte's history isn't a secret.
    He has indeed been involved in some companies which ran into trouble sooner or later, but the rest (he 'fled' the country etc.) is speculation, nothing else.

However, there is no evidence that he was involved in illegal activities, which is what the BBC (and you) are claiming.

He left the country because he was banned from being a director in the UK!

There is a claim by Kevin Sykes, made in a UK court in 2001, that he was paid by Whyte for "outsourcing services". Why would he claim this, in a court of law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

There is a claim by Kevin Sykes, made in a UK court in 2001, that he was paid by Whyte for "outsourcing services". Why would he claim this, in a court of law?
    Speculate all you want Dempsey. I think it would be best as Rangers fans if we just waited for the outcome of all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    He better tell Lord Hodge so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15353713

That would be bad enough but then:

and Rangers never showed up in court.

Bet the libel lawyers don't fancy an outing with Lord Hodge :)

Rangers knew this money was going to be ring fenced they were not going to dispute that But the money being ring fenced does not mean they will get all that or indeed any of it.
    If you had taken the time to read a couple of pages in this thread you would have seen that yes those two resigned you would also have seen that both of them came out and publicly went against Whyte before the takeover so no real surprise that they are no longer there

Left, fled, make up your mind.

The fact Whyte allegedly paid someone doesn't mean he was a director.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Speculate all you want Dempsey. I think it would be best as Rangers fans if we just waited for the outcome of all this.

People claim things in courts of law that are not the truth day in and day out and I don't believe your naive enough to think otherwise

Sorry Keith that was meant to be a reply to Dempsey don't know what happened

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Left, fled, make up your mind.

The fact Whyte allegedly paid someone doesn't mean he was a director.

Now you are reduced to arguing semantics.

The disqualification includes being a de facto director too.

People claim things in courts of law that are not the truth day in and day out and I don't believe your naive enough to think otherwise
    People seem to think claims in court are the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

People also seem to think threats of legal action = actual legal action

RoryMac wrote: »
    I am sure he will take legal action over what was from all accounts a truly shyte documentary/programme.

• Advertisement

Well, claims by media outlets arent acceptable, maybe testimony in the courts would be, apparently not! :rolleyes:

Well, claims by media outlets arent acceptable, maybe testimony in the courts would be, apparently not! :rolleyes:
    We have seen many people make awful claims in court rooms Dempsey. The whole Tom Hicks and George Gillette thing was a good example of nonsense being spouted in a court room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I am sure he will take legal action over what was from all accounts a truly shyte documentary/programme.

The next few days will give a good indication of how good a case Whyte has against the BBC, if the newspapers run with the story and repeat the claims then I think we can safely say Whyte won't proceed with any legal challenge.

As I said I didn't watch it tonight but I do think the timing was a bit off by the BBC with the tax case due to be heard next month.

RoryMac wrote: »

You have a point but as he has already instructed his lawyers I in my humble opinion think that he will pursue it let's face it what does he have to lose people have already found him guilty he may as well go for it. I do not for one minute think he is squeaky clean bit I have never met a major player who is. I found his interview on STV far more interesting and look forward to the second part tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

An interesting article here from an independent unbiased view which raised some interesting questions about the programme and seemingly pending legal action been taken by Craig Whyte,link; www.scotzine.com/2011/10/the-bbc-and-craig-whyte-the-legal-fallout-from-the-documentary/?

This is not speculation, it is stating facts

Also to quote that article that dartbhoy linked
    The programme also made clear that, in connection with the convicted fraudster Sykes, Mr Whyte’s connection with him ended early this century, but the implication is clear. Quoting from court documents was a good idea as a fair report of court proceedings will usually attract qualified privilege and thus cannot form the basis of a legal action for damages, unless malice can be proved.

I hope that Whyte goes after the BBC, they'll blow his case out of the water.

No it isn't stating facts. People are basically accusing Craig Whyte of being a conman but the lack of evidence is clear for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

It's all a conspiracy lads, the establishment are out to get you :pac:

No it isn't stating facts. People are basically accusing Craig Whyte of being a conman but the lack of evidence is clear for all to see.

Did Skyes not make that statement in court? I only said what he said in court.

Also, you are being very black and white about the legal system, I suppose OJ didnt do it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Also, you are being very black and white about the legal system, I suppose OJ didnt do it! :P

I really hope the double entendre there was intentional :D

• Advertisement

It's all a conspiracy lads, the establishment are out to get you :pac:
    The Establishment better help us out.

See, the way you keep saying that it's all fact doesn't make it so.
    The piece you quoted is exactly what I mean.
    He worked together with a guy who was convicted, ended that earlier this century 'but the implication is clear' :rolleyes:

That article dartbhoy linked: It states that nobody was aware of his dealings with certain companies which went bankrupt, but that has always been in the open.
    The fact the author claims that Whyte's interview with STV was full of generalisations and produced more questions is a joke, it was a clear interview which made a lot of things clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I'm afraid even if the BBC are proved wrong in their allegations, mud does stick(it's not even that this is news anyway)!

Madam wrote: »
    I'm afraid even if the BBC are proved wrong in their allegations, mud does stick(it's not even that this is news anyway)!
    That's the problem to many people still believe the BBC are some sort of impeccable company and beyond reproach whereas in reality they have been corrupt on all sorts of areas since the 50's and 60's and as you say this isn't even news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

CRAIG WHYTE last night paved the way for John Greig to return to Rangers.

Fans were stunned when Greig, voted the Greatest Ever Ranger, quit as an Ibrox director this week.
    Gers owner Whyte has held out an olive branch to the 69-year-old former skipper.
    When asked about a possible ambassadorial role for Greig, the tycoon said: "My door is alway open to John. He is a legendary Ranger and always will be. I always thought I got on with John."
    Greig stood down along with former Gers chairman John McClelland, claiming they had been frozen out.
    Whyte insists he never pushed the pair out and wishes Greig's five-decade association with the club had ended better.
    He said: "It surprised me that I had to find out through the press.
    "If John had picked up the phone we could have managed the situation a bit better."
    Whyte admitted Gers must prepare for more hard times financially, and added: "We'll review how we handle things in the transfer window.
    "Costs have to be cut and we have some tough decisions to make."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3887339/Rangers-owner-Whytes-offer-to-Legend-John.html#ixzz1bXzjqomF

Well rangers lads what do ye reckon? He always "thought he got on with John". Does this smack of bull**** or what?He's taking ye for a ride. Mark my words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It looks very likely that Mr Whyte will put Rangers into Administration if they lose their 'water tight' case against the taxman. Whyte is in the media saying 'Rangers are in crisis'.

The current 10 point gap over Celtic seems to be allowing their next move

"Fans were stunned" eh no they weren't considering he had slammed MrWhyte in a letter just as the takeover was going through and this was plastered all over the media plus it is the Sun for Christs sake.
    No one knows what is going to happen but what we do know is that Mr Whyte has done nothing to hurt the club up until now so we will all just have to wait and see

I have to say once again certainly Greig wasn't frozen out as he had no say anyway he was a non executive Director

"Fans were stunned" eh no they weren't considering he had slammed MrWhyte in a letter just as the takeover was going through and this was plastered all over the media plus it is the Sun for Christs sake.
    No one knows what is going to happen but what we do know is that Mr Whyte has done nothing to hurt the club up until now so we will all just have to wait and see

I have to say once again certainly Greig wasn't frozen out as he had no say anyway he was a non executive Director
    Greig was more or less treated like crap by this boy Whyte.A non-executive Director, maybe but a bloody legend for yee.I think its a bit sad when a club legend is treated so badly by a "businessman". A dodgy one at that.I honestly cant see what ye see in this Whyte fella.

It looks very likely that Mr Whyte will put Rangers into Administration if they lose their 'water tight' case against the taxman. Whyte is in the media saying 'Rangers are in crisis'.

The current 10 point gap over Celtic seems to be allowing their next move
    If we were to "win" the league coz rangers were deducted 10 points I'd hand the trophy back. If this administration happens we have to win by 11 points.

• Advertisement

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    If we were to "win" the league coz rangers were deducted 10 points I'd hand the trophy back. If this administration happens we have to win by 11 points.
    :pac:

It would make an awful SPL season tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement