Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigitalRev ID verification

Options
  • 19-10-2011 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.. I placed an order with DigitalRev and received an E-mail from them saying that my order can't be processed until I send ID verification in the form of a scan of both a photo ID and a utility bill with my address on it. I had used my father's card and so (warily, as this is a weird request, no?) I got him to scan his documents for me and sent them on. Then today I received an E-mail from them saying that the order 'did not pass' the risk assessment process and that the order had been cancelled.

Has anyone had this happen to them with DigtalRev before? Any advice? I just want my camera tbh..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Standard practice for many retailers, none want to be caught out by credit card fraudsters, probably better to have your father's details throughout the order.

Have a look at www.onestop-digital.com for prices too, they are a little cheaper and will refund VAT and duty if you are charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thebla

But I did make sure everything matched, it was his CC I used and his ID details I sent in. I did exactly what they asked and I was still rejected..

And thanks for that, just checked and they're not cheaper for what I want, I appreciate that though

thebla wrote: »
    But I did make sure everything matched, it was his CC I used and his ID details I sent in. I did exactly what they asked and I was still rejected..

Ah, you may have just been unlucky and somehow matched one of their previous order irregularities.

Maybe because the email name didn't match the ID?

I dunno, I doubt that because most sites will take that? Like if my dad had been buying it as a gift the delivery name wouldn't match his..

My O/H worked in fraud analysis for a major retailer and they had their own criteria for rejecting or flagging orders. Who knows what methods DigitalRev use.

• Advertisement

hmmmm I understand that but I mean I'm frustrated, do they not want the money like? Just wondering has it happened to anyone and did they order from DR again after that? And then what happened?

Any advice would be great, and thanks for yours so far KennyLogins

Don't take it personally, I was asked for a €300 deposit on a mobile phone contract even though I'm a home owner 6 years, 5 years full time blah blah, banking 20 years blah..

I just took my money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Meh,

I'm sure there are a hundred other retailers who will take your money tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Contact them and ask them what the issue is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Its standard protocol on many internet shops. I was asked twice on both my orders with Simply Electronics and ive also been asked before when buying from River Island online, ASOS, Monsoon (for the other half :))

i wouldnt worry about it, just provide the info and your items will be dispatched.

• Advertisement

I know there are Eirebear, but this is the place with what I want for the best price and the best reputation. And yeah I have asked them what the issue is but I still wanted to see had anyone had this happen and still went through with an order again

I did send the stuff! I sent the verification and they said it didn't pass, without saying why. That's the problem. It's not that I don't want to send the ID, its that I sent it and it didn't swing

I know there are Eirebear, but this is the place with what I want for the best price and the best reputation. And yeah I have asked them what the issue is but I still wanted to see had anyone had this happen and still went through with an order again

Onestop Digital, trust me. ;)

What camera?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I did send the stuff! I sent the verification and they said it didn't pass, without saying why. That's the problem. It's not that I don't want to send the ID, its that I sent it and it didn't swing

agh right sorry!
    Did you send your details while paying with another persons credit card?
    If so, then i would re-order in the persons name of the card you are using.

Kenny Logins, i checked and its not as well priced! And yeah I was thinking that yeah, that I should try again with his name, but my concern is that it still won't work then, though I guess there's no way of knowing until it's done, unless someone else has done this..

Kenny Logins, i checked and its not as well priced! And yeah I was thinking that yeah, that I should try again with his name, but my concern is that it still won't work then, though I guess there's no way of knowing until it's done, unless someone else has done this..

Ah Ok, I found DigitalRev to be a little more expensive on all the items I shopped for, but obviously not for everything.

Advertisement