Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Travel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Take it to the lounge chaps, its getting a bit technical and confusingly pedantic for the public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CJay

Well, I have my before photo's! Will post them shortly!

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Class II div II watch out for those lateral incisors getting snaggly again. Also would wonder about what is underneath those crowns.

It's easy to sling mud but this looks like a decent improvement. The crowns are overcontoured but they look better than what you had. I just wonder what is going to happen a year, five years and ten years down the line. I also note that this issue may have been fixed with some limited objective orthodontics and some judicious bonding for a more conservative result.

Have ye any idea how awfully upsetting it is to have my treatment, my mouth, torn to shreds on a public forum....and ye think ye can intill any faith in me?

I'll stick with my dentist in Budapest, thank you!!

It was a good improvement from you initial presentation, however as Big_G said those lateral incisors will be paired to nothing, infact to get that alignment there would have been very aggressive preparation to all those teeth. The gums are very uneven for someone with a high smile line, the tooth proportion (height to width) especially the centrals to the laterals is poor, and some braces before would have made it a lot better (or removal of the laterals and some soft tissue grafting of the pontic site) and you would have lost less tooth structure. Bleaching before would have improved it a lot also. Its an average result with some questions about the long term prognosis.

If you are too fragile to withstand some (very mild, and pretty polite) discussion about your teeth I would respectfully advise not posting about them on a public forum. Do you want me to delete this entire thread as I think it upsetting you a bit? I also don't think you have choice but stick with your new dentist, most dentist will be reluctant to get involved.

• Advertisement

I don't have a high smile line, it took an awful lot of grimacing to get my top lip up that high.

If you can see that much gum in a grimace then you have a high smile line, average is where only the top of the teeth show and the gum between the teeth, and low is where no gum shows.

If you are happy that is all that matters, you dont require external validation nor should you seek it.

Do you want the thread to remain active?

Also Big_G I would say that the laterals will not slip because it looks very like the units are splinted together, if that is the case there are so many reasons (most of which will become apparent with time) never ever ever to do that that CJay would have a meltdown if we were to list them. If that 50/50 bet does not pay off the three teeth are in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Thanks Cjay, saw the pics earlier but can't seem to get them now- my home internet is a bit dodge these days....
    Definitely an improvement. One question, are they single units or splinted together?
    Good luck,
    OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 AnonDentist

CJay wrote: »
    In 6 months time I need to re-visit the consultant in Cork for a check up and get another panoramic x-ray to make sure everything is going ok, I was told if the infection hadn't cleared I would need to return for surgery on the gum, but so far so good, fingers crossed.

Only a minor side note don't have a panoramic x-ray taken during the check-up it will give virtually no new information. What you need is periapical radiographs (small individual x-rays) of the teeth that require reexamination ie the root treated tooth. These wil give useful info.

Can't view the photos at present so can't add to what the other dentists have said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 AnonDentist

CJay wrote: »
    In 6 months time I need to re-visit the consultant in Cork for a check up and get another panoramic x-ray to make sure everything is going ok, I was told if the infection hadn't cleared I would need to return for surgery on the gum, but so far so good, fingers crossed.

Only a minor side note don't have a panoramic x-ray taken during the check-up it will give virtually no new information. What you need is periapical radiographs (small individual x-rays) of the teeth that require reexamination ie the root treated tooth. These wil give useful info.

Can't view the photos at present so can't add to what the other dentists have said.

• Advertisement

I will take the deathly silence here and general lack of interest by anyone but us dentists that this thread should no be locked up. CJay I hope it all works out well for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement