Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2011, 13:42   #1
Randy Shafter

PS3 Screen too bright

Hey I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue im having with my ps3. I switch it on and the screen is extremely bright, almost cloudy white. I've played around with the colour settings on my telly but that doesn't seem to help. The brightness makes it difficult to see what the text says on the XMB. Any ideas as to how to remedy this would be much appreciated. I'm using the RGB scart connection by the way. Not an HDMI connection.
Advertisement
01-10-2011, 13:45   #2
johny2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Shafter View Post
Hey I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue im having with my ps3. I switch it on and the screen is extremely bright, almost cloudy white. I've played around with the colour settings on my telly but that doesn't seem to help. The brightness makes it difficult to see what the text says on the XMB. Any ideas as to how to remedy this would be much appreciated. I'm using the RGB scart connection by the way. Not an HDMI connection.

sice when did the ps3 come wit a screen
01-10-2011, 13:51   #3
Darksaga87

The resolution must be off. Did ya try changing the settings in the PS settings insted of the TV?

Also if you can, use a HDMI.
01-10-2011, 14:02   #4
Randy Shafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksaga87 View Post
The resolution must be off. Did ya try changing the settings in the PS settings insted of the TV?

Also if you can, use a HDMI.
I've been playing around with the PS settings. Thing is, the screen is so bright that I can hardly make out the text. I tried playing a game ust there and the colours seem 'washed out' if you understand what I mean. They've lost their colour and seem faded.
01-10-2011, 15:59   #5
Randy Shafter

Quick update. Got it sorted folks. Simply a case of unplugging the telly and ps3. Cheers for the advice.
Advertisement
01-10-2011, 18:41   #6
Darksaga87

So you turned it off and now the screen is black? Cured the screen brightness is suppose.
02-10-2011, 19:09   #7
Randy Shafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksaga87 View Post
So you turned it off and now the screen is black? Cured the screen brightness is suppose.
No I unplugged the telly and ps3 at the mains and waited 2/3 minutes. Plugged them back in and the screen colour was back to normal.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion