Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-06-2011, 19:40   #91
JackieChan

I have a Nigerian associate who wishes to transfer a large sum of money to me once I give him some personal details.... could he 'topup' my O2 card? I don't see anything on the O2 site relating to this.
Advertisement
23-06-2011, 20:05   #92
jor el
Closed Account

Is this real? This is someone you actually know, right?

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/faqs/#buyone
Quote:
How do I top up my Card?

After you have entered your O2 Money Code online, you can top up your card by transferring money from your bank account to the card, in any O2 store or Payzone outlet. Bank account transfers are the cheapest way to top up.
23-06-2011, 21:04   #93
fritzelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
I have a Nigerian associate who wishes to transfer a large sum of money to me once I give him some personal details.... could he 'topup' my O2 card? I don't see anything on the O2 site relating to this.
27-07-2011, 09:40   #94
Dr_Herringbone

I was buying 3v credit the other day and the guy in centra recommended the O2 card to me.

My 3v card is mainly used for buying records off ebay and discogs, many of them from the US and UK.

As these are paypal transactions, would these dollar and sterling transactions incur the 2.75% fee?
27-07-2011, 09:42   #95
WolfForager

Hmm O2 are charging 8 euro tax on this for me tomorrow, but i have nothing in my account, they've asked me to top up so they can charge me, anyone know if there will be any negative effects (for me) if i don't bother topping up?
Advertisement
27-07-2011, 14:09   #96
condra

I'm in the same boat and I'm not topping up. No effing way. They can charge me next time I top up.
29-07-2011, 14:50   #97
condra

so I didn't top up, and...

Quote:
Hi

Further to our email of 22 July 2011 regarding the Government Stamp duty fees on your O2 Money card, we have attempted to collect the amount owed from your card.

Unfortunately because your balance at the time of collection was €0.26 we could not collect the full amount. The amount collected was €0.26, leaving €2.24 outstanding. In order to pay the full Government Stamp Duty you need to top up your O2 Money card. The remaining fee will then be taken from your card.

I had a feeling they would wait.
Thanks from:
04-09-2011, 23:09   #98
NiallerMc

has anybody used this when over in america yet
08-09-2011, 18:42   #99
MapForJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug2009 View Post
As long as you dont use it abroad or using foreign currencies or in ATMs it isnt too bad i guess. They do charge you to top-up though.

Nobody has yet beaten my card (Bishopstown Credit Union) €1 a year and no other charges. You can use it abroad, in ATMs - everywhere really - without charges. Some ATMs charge but it is written on the ATM so just avoid those and go to ones without the charge. Of course if you use a different card abroad you will be charged regardless.

The challenge is out there for everyone - Can anyone beat the Bishopstown credit union card? I have done my homework and I cannot find one.
can it be used online and do you have to live in that area to get one?
Advertisement
22-09-2011, 16:05   #100
shuffles03

I'm off traveling for the year in 3 weeks and was thinking of getting the O2 card before I go. I already have a BOI account which I will be using but I was going to get the O2 card to have if we need to book accommodation, flights etc as we go along.

Should I bother? I know there's charges for using it abroad but I'm not really arsed opening an Ulster bank account to get the same privileges.

Has anyone done this?
25-09-2011, 05:32   #101
booboo88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug2009 View Post
I thought this sounded great until I read the costs. 4.99 to buy it. €1 to take money out of ATMs.

I got a card that does everything I need and i dont have to pay anything like the charges O2 have on their card. (Mine is from credit union in Bishopstown.

I like the 02 advert though - it is cool with the magician idea.
Did you have to have an account in bishopstown credit union?
05-10-2011, 15:52   #102
Aug2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resend View Post
only for members?

It is available to members but its not that hard to join - the same as opening a bank account. THe only thing is that you have to be living in Cork or studying there. If you can make any connection to the are you can join. A friend of mine recently told them that they work for Boston Scientific and they could join. Boston Scientific have a place in Cork but my friend worked in the Galway branch at the time and was only down for the day. They had no way of knowing as the ID card just says Boston Scientific. In this day and age though there should be no restirctions for joining a financial institution like Credit unions. If you read the papers it sounds like it might be changing so fingers crossed folks

you'd want to be a magician to pay the fees
The o2 card is robbery - I agree
05-10-2011, 15:53   #103
Aug2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo88 View Post
Did you have to have an account in bishopstown credit union?
Yeah it operates from your current account with them which they call a link account. I use it for everything now.
05-10-2011, 15:56   #104
Aug2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapForJ View Post
can it be used online and do you have to live in that area to get one?

Sorry folks for not answering the queries - been really busy lately.

Yes, I have used it online. Just looking at my account from the last few weeks - I have used it on PayPal, Debenhams, motor tax online, boardsdeals, livingsocial.com, ryanair. everywhere really.
06-10-2011, 21:56   #105
Jazzkamiden

Quick question, if I buy a money card online and use my phone credit to pay, do I need to top-up my phone by at least €25? Because I know it's €5 to buy the actual card, but isn't there a min. card top up of €20 right then and there? I really don't want to top up by €90 euro unless I know for certain I have to... Thanks!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion