Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi 1TB external drive €75

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

66 delivered for a WD one from Amazon.

Not trying to thread-spoil, as the OP pointed out that's a decent price for a B+M place. Got a 2TB one for 100 and change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

theres a merchannt seller on adverts.ie selling 1.5 tb verbatim for 70 , i think thats cheap and theres also a garenteee ect with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

these are on the shelf for 99 in my local tesco,

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Seagate & Imogea 1TB harddrives in Easons for €75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

The disk would be probably ok, but the seller definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Peats have a 1Tb Iomega for 70
    and a 2Tb for 100
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?id=27358&type=product

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Now reduced to €50.50 in Tesco, not bad for 1 TB...
    Tesco Extra Naas had 4 or 5 on the shelf today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Is this USB powered or have its own power supply?

• Advertisement

Own ps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dec4 wrote: »
    Now reduced to €50.50 in Tesco, not bad for 1 TB...
    Tesco Extra Naas had 4 or 5 on the shelf today

got one in Galway yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

what brand is the one in tesco?

Today 18:49
    caroline72 what brand is the one in tesco?
    as per title of thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

cheers Dec4 got the last one on the shelf in Maynooth just now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

gravity12 wrote: »

I bought the 2TB version from pixmania with no hassle. Shipping was about 6 or 7 working days but I wasn't in a rush to have it. Good value i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

homer911 wrote: »
    Is this USB powered or have its own power supply?

Well that's the trick... >= 1TB desktop external drives w/ a powersupply can be easily had at < €75. But a portable external drive w/o powersupply you jump up to > €125.

sata-dock-hub.jpg
    An alternative for those who want a portable simply because they are plugging it in between computers at home (for me it's copying stuff from the pc to the tv) are those €10 SATA docks. They are powered and take a regular desktop harddrive which just slots in to the dock. And since they are so cheap you can have one in each location you use it so no hassle of unplugging and bringing your powersupply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

12 euro now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

newkie wrote: »
    Well that's the trick... >= 1TB desktop external drives w/ a powersupply can be easily had at < €75. But a portable external drive w/o powersupply you jump up to > €125.

sata-dock-hub.jpg
    An alternative for those who want a portable simply because they are plugging it in between computers at home (for me it's copying stuff from the pc to the tv) are those €10 SATA docks. They are powered and take a regular desktop harddrive which just slots in to the dock. And since they are so cheap you can have one in each location you use it so no hassle of unplugging and bringing your powersupply.

where you get them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

ShaneU wrote: »
    12 euro now

Is the hitachi Drive only 12 euro now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

any idea of which tesco has them in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

They have them in Millfield Balbriggan but they're marked as €50.50.

Also they have Gourmet gold cat food Salmon Terrine for 4c a tin, usually around 70c

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Rushed out to the Tesco in the Crescent because there had been two of these on the shelf on Thursday but somebody had nabbed em.... gutted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

newkie wrote: »

sata-dock-hub.jpg

I'd like to know this too please...! :)

Advertisement