Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dashlaunch 2.33 Installation (JTAG)

Options
  • 16-09-2011 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

To accompany FSD, you need one very cool little tool. Dashlaunch, lets you you automatically boot whatever dash you want without having to specifically run it's executable file.

This means when you boot your 360, whichever dash you want will automatically load. You can also assign buttons to act as triggers, that when held during boot, will load seperate dashes, or any xex file you wish.

As of the latest Kernel (13599), you'll want to be using Dashlaunch 2.33.

Step 1) Download & extract Dashlaunch 2.33 to its own folder

23suiw6.png

Step 2) Open & use the "sample_launch.ini" file as a template, ammending the settings to suit your own console/directory structure. Here you can see I have the sample on the left, & one customised for my own console on the right.

2iruoa1.jpg

• Button X is defaulted to run XeXmenu when held during boot - I've left that setting alone.
    • The Default trigger I've changed from USB to HDD, as I'm using an MS drive for this job. Also the default name for FSD is wrong, so I've ammended that too.
    • It's also worth noting that while it's not shown in the template, I had to change Hdd1:\ to Hdd:\ (drop the 1) for the console to recognise the directory.

Step 3) When you extraced the Dashlaunch archive into its own folder, you will notice there is a subfolder called "Installer". Inside this folder is a "default.xex" which needs to be transferred to your jtag. I created a folder called "Dashlaunch" on the root of the jtag's hdd, & placed this "default.xex" file & my modified "launch.ini" file inside via an ftp transfer

28ksgo5.jpg

Step 4) On your jtag now, navigate to where you placed both the default.xex & launch.ini files. Execute the xex file, which will then present you with the flashing menu

dwb210.jpg

be679f.jpg

(apologies for the blurry pics)

Step 5) Press A to confirm flashing of the launch.ini settings into flash, & if its a first time install, A again to change settings (I won't cover this as it runs through loads of different settings which users can customise to their liking).

2h546fm.jpg

2el75gw.jpg

2pr7nnc.jpg

If all has gone well, you will confirm a shutdown. Upon booting back up, Dashlaunch is now active & will actively use the settings in your launch.ini file. If you just turn the console on, FSD should auto load without having to do a single thing

2m30i9t.jpg

2vbrdoj.jpg

It puts a nice touch on a JTAG, no more fumbling around in XeXmenu etc etc. Also, with the above launch.ini file, Button X will load XeXmenu, & the RB button will load the standard dash (NXE) (The RB button is hard-coded for this, that's why there's no reference to it in the launch.ini file).

Only hold the trigger buttons down when the pad syncs on bootup, if you hold it beforehand, the pad will sync but the button press won't be registered.

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Sorry to hijack your thread but I'd just like to add to it:

FSD Skins/themes
    http://spiffy360.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

justryan wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I'd just like to add to it:

FSD Skins/themes
    http://spiffy360.com/

Not at all, skinning/themes are a big part of FSD etc so good addition :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thanks for the guide i uses it today works great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thebestgamer

Hello i followed this detailed tutorial to the T.But the jtag 360 i have still goes right back to the nxe dashboard every time i flash the system with dash launch.I have 13599 freeboot dash installed.I am using the MS 80gb internal hard drive.Version of FSD installed on hard drive is FSD2.0Rc2.1.In it's own folder called Freestyle.Here is exactly what my launch.ini file looks like.I don't understand why this does not work.IT says success and shuts down.Then i unplug the system for 2 mins and plug back in.Someone please help me.

[QuickLaunchButtons]
    BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
    Default = hdd1:\Freestyle\default.xex

[Settings]
    nxemini = true
    pingpatch = true
    contpatch = true
    fatalreboot = true
    regionspoof = true
    dvdexitdash = false
    debugout = false
    livestrong = true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hello i followed this detailed tutorial to the T.But the jtag 360 i have still goes right back to the nxe dashboard every time i flash the system with dash launch.I have 13599 freeboot dash installed.I am using the MS 80gb internal hard drive.Version of FSD installed on hard drive is FSD2.0Rc2.1.In it's own folder called Freestyle.Here is exactly what my launch.ini file looks like.I don't understand why this does not work.IT says success and shuts down.Then i unplug the system for 2 mins and plug back in.Someone please help me.

[QuickLaunchButtons]
    BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
    Default = hdd1:\Freestyle\default.xex

[Settings]
    nxemini = true
    pingpatch = true
    contpatch = true
    fatalreboot = true
    regionspoof = true
    dvdexitdash = false
    debugout = false
    livestrong = true

You have two seperate directories listed. hdd:\ & hdd1:\ are two seperate locations. Only one of them is the correct one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If it's case sensitive, it's neither - Hdd1:\

Edit: Crazy-ass TV doesn't know what he's talking about

So the first directory that is listed.IS the default one that i left alone.So the way i would want this to work is.If i press x i want the nxe dashboard to boot.Then if i just power on the system i want Freestyle dash to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Read the launch_info.ini file that comes with Dashlaunch.
    ; launch.xex V2.0 config file
    ; parsed by simpleIni http://code.jellycan.com/simpleini/
    ; currently supported devices and paths:
    ; internal hard disk Hdd:\
    ; usb memory stick Usb:\
    ; memory unit Mu:\
    ; USB memory unit UsbMu:\
    ; big block NAND mu FlashMu:\
    ; CD/DVD Dvd:\ (not recommended to use this one)
    ; buttons can point to any xex, or any CON with default.xex in it on any of the above devices
    ; note that Right Bumper is ALWAYS default to return NXE
    ; if you want to assign an additional one, use the path Sfc:\dash.xex ie:
    ; BUT_A = Sfc:\dash.xex

; example entry
    ; Default = Hdd:\FreeStyle\default.xex
    [QuickLaunchButtons]
    BUT_A =
    BUT_B =
    BUT_X =
    BUT_Y =
    Start =
    Back =
    LBump =
    ; Default is what loads when you hold no buttons
    ; leave this blank if you want NXE as default
    Default =

; at boot time, default can be overridden based on how the console is turned on
    ; if you start with wired/wireless/IR guide button, this item if existing will be used instead of default
    ; note that the Guide item is ALWAYS overridden by option: remotenxe = true
    Guide =
    ; if you power on with the button on the front of the console, this item will be used instead of default
    Power =

BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558 <-- Just FYI, this is not the path to NXE, it's the path to XEXMenu

What you want is just a one-liner:
    Default = Hdd:\Freestyle\default.xex

Well the problem is hdd1 is not supported.I tried renaming it but gives me a error 550 path permission error.How are you guys getting this to work by using the internal xbox hard drive when hdd1 path is not supported in Dashlaunch?

Well the problem is hdd1 is not supported.I tried renaming it but gives me a error 550 path permission error.How are you guys getting this to work by using the internal xbox hard drive when hdd1 path is not supported in Dashlaunch?

Use hdd:\freestyle\default.xex

• Advertisement

LOL i would love to use the Hdd directory. However i can't rename the hdd1 directory to hdd.Do you guys understand what my problem is? Can someone pm me on yahoo messenger richie2344001.

LOL i would love to use the Hdd directory. However i can't rename the hdd1 directory to hdd.Do you guys understand what my problem is? Can someone pm me on yahoo messenger richie2344001.

Umm you can edit launch.ini in windows and transfer it back to your Hdd via xexmenu then reboot

Hey guys i got it.IT loads the freestyle dash now! Next step is figure out how to make the original nxe dash to load with a button press.

Hey guys i got it.IT loads the freestyle dash now! Next step is figure out how to make the original nxe dash to load with a button press.

So how did you get it sorted?

With your Use hdd:\freestyle\default.xex post.LOL Can you tell me how to load the original dashboard by holding down a button during boot up.

With your Use hdd:\freestyle\default.xex post.LOL Can you tell me how to load the original dashboard by holding down a button during boot up.

I never bothered with this I just scroll over to system settings if I need to get back to the regular dashboard

I used what you told me to you hdd:\freestyle\default.xex.Worked great.No Hdd1 required.Thank god. Then i hold right button and it takes me back to the original Micropoop dash.Thank You guys for your help.

Advertisement