Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freestyle Dash "Installation" (JTAG)

Options
  • 16-09-2011 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

While doing this on a Jasper Jtag, I just thought I'd document it for posterity reasons + it's really easy to do & well worth doing :)

Step 1) Download the latest FSD from - http://www.teamfsd.com/

Step 2) Extract the archive into its own folder, & you should then have something like this:

dfybzm.jpg

Step 3) In this new folder, there will be another archive called "FSD2.0Rc2.1". Extract this also, to it's own new folder. Inside that should then look like this:

20tqarn.jpg

You should rename this new folder to "Freestyle" without the quotes.

Step 4) Now, either via USB or FTP you need to move the Freestyle folder over onto your JTAG. I used FTP via Filezilla, & transferred the Freestlye folder into the root of my jtag's hdd (Hdd1:\) as seen here:

qoblnm.jpg

Step 5) Now, using XeXmenu on your JTAG, navigate to where you placed the Freestyle folder, & simply run the "default.xex" file. This will start FSD, & from there you just need to configure your content directories etc.

20ppvzt.jpg

29x7pmf.jpg

33z69es.jpg

2ngss39.jpg

2m2du8h.jpg

20l03lw.jpg

That's all well & good, but having to go into XeXmenu every time to launch FSD defeats the purpose really. Therefore, this should really go hand in hand with Dashlaunch, which is a configurable automatic dash loader. Coupled with Dashloader, FSD can be made to run automatically when the conosle boots. You can also assign buttons on the joypad, which when held during boot, can be made to launch other dashes, XeXmenu, or even the NKE original dash should you need it.

How do you install Dashlaunch you ask? Coming right up :)

Advertisement