Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G&G G2010 (F2000) Hunter Version Review [NO DISCUSSION]

• 04-12-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Picked this thing of beauty up today, it was one of three choices; VFC KAC PDW, VFC Scar H or this, the G2010.

And at €429 this thing was a winner, Tony enjoyed looking at my cash...
    And yes T, that was the most amount of cash I've ever given you, or anyone...
    The rifle is a thing of beauty, completely solid and nice and heavy (which is a good thing in my opinion), weighing around 4kg.

So on to the review!

The Box:
    It's green, got a sticker on it and it's cardboard, yup, it's a box!
    IMG_1280.jpg

Let's open the box and get the sexy out!
    IMG_1283.jpg
    Niiiceeee! Box includes; the rifle, 450 round hi-cap and the manual (which I should read...)

And that's that section done!

The Externals:
    The reciever is G&Gs usual mix of nylon fibre (frickin' sweeeet), aluminium, zinc and magnesium apparently and it's nothing short of perfect.
    IMG_1289.jpg
    Right side.
    IMG_1291.jpg

The serial number is white and silked screened on (I think) but it's good, it looks well and adds to the rifle.
    IMG_1293.jpg
    The only other "trades" present is the usual G&G stuff, as shown here
    IMG_1294.jpg

The butt (heheheh "butt") pad is rubber and feels nice to the touch, but as has been said, it can be knocked off quite easily, but a strip of tape or one of those one point sling adaptors will sort it out no problem.
    IMG_1303.jpg
    I like big butts and I cannot lie, you otha brothas can't deny, etc.

The sling loop is a little gripe of mine, but nothing huge, as you can see there's that slit in the reciever, meaning dirt can get into the body, but a little bit of tape will sort it (Ahem G&G, make an overpriced piece of plastic cover for it). But still I <3 it.
    IMG_1305.jpg

The reciever pin is big and chunky and solid, it locks very solidly in place. Looks like it's made of zinc or something. It takes some effort to get out but that's a good thing!
    IMG_1306.jpg

The top and bottom half lock together solidly and require a bit of heft to take apart. Once apart you can see the big massive guide rails that the upper reciever locks into.
    IMG_1315.jpg

The safety/selector is once again very solid and locks into each position nicely. Those of you familiar with the AUG will remember the two-stage trigger, handy isn't it? Well the G2010 has safe, semi and auto on the selector, when you flick to auto, the two stage trigger kicks in, a half pull will give you semi and pull it back fully you'll get auto. The design of the switch itself is very similar to the P90.
    IMG_1307.jpg

The charging handle is big and robust, pulling it back is a nice, smooth affair with no snagging or anything, pull it back all the way and pushing it up will lock it in place, mind you, not that it does anything, does it?
    IMG_1308.jpg
    Forward position
    IMG_1310.jpg
    Rear position

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The gas block is well the gas block, it's solid and chunky and looks good.
    IMG_1313.jpg

I see you!
    IMG_1295.jpg
    Ah the Hunter sight, a very nice 1.5x optic, with some great eye relief, crystal clear view too.

Here it is with out the cover, isn't it lovely?
    IMG_1318.jpg

The hop-up is located under a cover at the back and is a similar design to the M4/M16 series, but not the same.
    IMG_1301.jpg

Some brands of mags had to be modified, those included mine (Star mags) so here's a picture of the difference.
    G&G mag on the left and then three Star mags, two modded, one not modded.
    IMG_1323.jpg

Chrono reading was done with .25s as I've run out of .2's, I think I'll bring it down a little, that quick change spring system is great! Will get some pictures up when I get a chance to review the internals (can't do it now, I'll void the warranty, sadface)
    IMG_1325.jpg

And one last picture!
    IMG_1324.jpg

Any questions, please ask!smile.gif

To be honest, reviewing this was a little better than the rifle itself, mainly because it's one of few gearboxes that have just been perfect out of the box.

The gearbox is a modified Version 6, similar to the one found in P90's with a big difference, the quick change spring feature, more on that soon!
    The switch and wiring is all high quality stuff, the contacts aren't the usual pieces of paper thin brass, but a bit thicker and nicer looking. The wiring is all that low resistance silver coated rubbish or whatever it is, don't get me wrong it works and works well, but I prefer my 18AWG component-shop.co.uk cable. There's a fuse there, of some unknown capacity, never dawned on me to check, it'll be replaced by a MOSFET soon anyway, to be honest the only thing I don't like is that the connector is a mini tamiya, I'm a Deans man and it will be getting changed. The shell itself is an 8mm shell fitted with lovely bearings.
    IMG_1336.jpg

The quick change spring feature needs two tools: a large flathead screwdriver and a 4mm allen key. First you use the flathead to remove the disk.
    IMG_1338.jpg
    Then the 4.5mm allen key is used to remove the spring guide, like so:
    IMG_1339.jpg
    However it would appear that the use of after market spring guides is on the not so likely scale due to the design, ah well it's a bearing guide anyway!

Like the P90, after you remove two screws the motor can swing out, as you can see it's a long type motor (found in M4s) and has no markings on it, other than a little "+" to indicate the positive terminal.
    IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    Isn't it lovely?

And when you split it, here's what you see
    IMG_1347.jpg
    All the usual bits and pieces, only high quality!

The piston is black polycarbonate and durable and piston-like.
    IMG_1351.jpg

The tappet plate is a standard version 6 one and the cylinder is ported for some reason, ah well. The air nozzle is a p90 one, i think...
    IMG_1353.jpg

The anti-reversal latch is big and chunky and well, like everything else solid.
    IMG_1356.jpg

The gears are awesome and well shimmed and well lubricated.
    IMG_1358.jpg

That's all folks!!! :D

This is the easiest gearbox removal ever. Takes about 3 minutes once you know what you're doing.

Split the recievers and take off the butt pad.
    Looking inside you'll see this
    IMG_1365.jpg

Remove those two screws and and loosen the allen screw marked here as "1"
    IMG_1364-1.jpg

This is what you'll see (minus the red "+")
    IMG_1367.jpg

The plate will light out, next loosen the screws marked "2" and "3" (3 is found on both sides of the reciever).
    IMG_1364-1.jpg

Now you can slide the gearbox out, simples!
    IMG_1369.jpg

A view inside the reciever
    IMG_1371.jpg

So I finally got to skirmish this beast yesterday, and I was well impressed, lended itself well to the tight corners and fast paced action at HRTA. The range was pretty good, hitting about 45-50m, think I might throw in a Guarder hop and try it though, I'll get 60m out of her yet... It is a bit bulky and heavy, and I felt it at the end of the day!
    The optic was great and whilst it wasn't quite zeroed, it was enough. The image was crystal clear and well focused.
    The only thing was that semi wouldn't work all the time, something I'll need to look into at a later date or something, doesn't bother me too much, it has a dual stage trigger on auto. It definitely turned heads, I think it spent more time in other peoples hands than mine, ah well...
    Over all, a definite 9/10 cos I'm picky!

Did a few more upgrades since the last post, so I thought I'd fill you in on what I've done.

- I added a standard basic MOSFET, because the trigger contacts had started to get a carbon build up - the GATE GDS-4004, made a very nice improvement to the trigger response and battery life.

- The hop was changed to a Guarder clear, and I got excellent results as you'd expect but a few weeks back I put in a Modify bucking and was very impressed, the fps went up by 15fps and range, consistency and accuracy were bang on.

- I tried a new TBB but found no difference between it and the stock one, so that was taken out and put into another build.

- I installed a G&G high speed motor, which has it shooting at about 23rps with the 7.4V lipo batteries I use, Deans of course.

The downsides are - the tappet plate had worn down after about 6 months meaning that it wouldn't feed, tried a Guarder and KS tappet plate to no avail, they are slightly smaller than the G&G meaning they rub against the guide rails , resulting in it not feeding. I sent about 20 emails to G&G about a replacement and got sent all over the place, so I went solution searching. On a whim I fitted a rather large fúck off sector chip and that's sorted it for now.

- I also tried fitting a G&P M120 motor, but it appears that the collar is a small bit too large and modification to the motor cage is needed to fit it.

More on this when I have time to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 awol airsoft

<snip - "no discussion" also applies to silly pictures - Steve.>

Advertisement