Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, my names <X> and I'm a UCD Student (2011/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Name: Austin

Course: Finished a BSc in Nursing in sept. Starting a Masters in Sociology in Health and Illness in sept also.

Societies: Was a very lax member of the LGBT soc, considering giving DramSoc a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Name: Niall C

Course: 1st Year Science

Societies: The water sports ones, surfing etc.. Snow sports? Ill see what else is there :)

Want to try defer for a year to save a bit of money so i can try get on campus accommodation. Think i'd enjoy myself more then..

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Name: Alena

Year/Course: Going into 2nd year BAFS :o

Societies/Clubs/interests: Auditor of Russian soc this year, so hoping it will all be well and successful! :P Also will join Sci-fi soc and maybe game soc.. num!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Name: Richard Clune

Course: 1st year Arts - History and Irish

Societies: Drinkin', fightin', schmokin'. Also a bit of debatin' and whatever you're having yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caitdebhail

Name: Katie

Course: 1st year Engineering

Societies: not too sure yet.. i'd say the bit of gaa anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dtmc

Name: David

Course: Starting 3rd year BAFS.

Socs: Whichever has the best freebies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Name: Cerina

Course: Starting 1st year Veterinary Nursing

Societies/Clubs/interests: I wanna join sci-fi soc and game soc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CianOConnor

Name: Cian O'Connor

Course: Going into first year Mathematical and Physical Sciences

Societies/Clubs/Interests: Might join the Chess and Comedy Socs. Hoping to join the Badminton, surfing, windsurfing, swimming, cycling, ninjutsu and snowsports clubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Name: Conor

Course: 3rd Year Computer Science

Activites/Socs: PRO of Comedy Soc, have been roped into helping organise the cycle to Galway with Science Soc, hoping to do something with another soc that's getting relaunched and was just made the editor of the Science, Health and Technology section of the Observer..... Seriously need to cut one of those out at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Name: Louis

Course: MSc Computer Science by Negotiated learning Full Time.

Activites/Socs: Not sure as I've never attended UCD before. Ultimate Frisbee is worth a look. Something social like the International Society too. Sci fi to cavort with my fellow nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Name: Jack

Course: 3rd year comp sci.

Activities/socs: Member of the caving club, juggling soc and cycling. Thinking of giving the rifle club a go this year too.

Name: Conor

Course: 3rd year Maths Science

Socs/Activities: Treasurer of Mathsoc, I'll probably join the cycling club this year, I do News on Belfield FM and I write (rarely, it must be said) for the College Tribune (only about music so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Emzer92

Name: Emlyn

Course: 1st year Science (BBB)

Socs/Clubs: Haven't a Betty Blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Name: Aoife

Year: 2nd Science - Zoology and Genetics

Clubs: Quite involved with the surf club and birra snowsports

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kazzers

Name: Karen

Course: Business and Law

Societies: Haven't decided yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Emzer92 wrote: »

I was 24... sh1t.

Name: Chris
    Course: 3rd year Single major archaeology
    Socs: Archaeology society (only one at present but might join a club again this year, handball perhaps)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

Name: Gareth Grehan

Year/Course: Finished my Undergrad in Biochemistry in May, and start my PhD in Cancer Metastasis in September.

Societies/Clubs/interests: I have been an active member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Society and have been a committee member for the last 4 years, being OCM, Auditor, Advisor and Public relations officer. I am currently Auditor of the society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Name: Bobby

Course: 2nd year Social Science.

Clubs/Societies: Haven't joined any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Name:Shane

Year/Course:1st year Arts( Politics & Sociology)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: dunno, may check out the dj soc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BnChemEng

Name: Brian

Course: third year chemical engineer

Societies: ive played football the last two years and did archery last year so more of the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 phightlikeapes

Will wrote: »
    Name: Will.

Year/Course: Going into 1st year childrens and general nursing.

Societies/Clubs/Interests: Unsure what clubs and socs will be on offer but will keep an eye out for a dj society and possibly some form of self defence. Will see what happens.

As a student nurse i would suggest that you join nursoc, great way to meet nursing students from other stages and discuss your experience with them and pick up a few handy pieces of advice. Also i'm on the committee and can tell you we have loads planned for this year

2nd year General Nusing

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Swifty_N

Name: Niamh

Course/Year: Starting PhD in CASL

Societies/Clubs/Interests: Of old, (really old) was in the Karate Club, can't wait to rejoin. Other thoughts are French Soc, Golf Soc (if there is one), Maths Soc. I have eclectic tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Irish Jester

Name: Liam

Course/Year: First year arts. Doing archaeology economics, Two courses on Pagans, Italian 1a and b and some Irish history.

Societies/clubs/interests: I hope to join the Rifle club and anything else that takes my fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

As a student nurse i would suggest that you join nursoc, great way to meet nursing students from other stages and discuss your experience with them and pick up a few handy pieces of advice. Also i'm on the committee and can tell you we have loads planned for this year

2nd year General Nusing

Count me in so, see ya during freshers week and all that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

Name: Christina

Course/Year: 1st year Art History and Archaeology

Clubs/Societies: Haven't joined any yet! Although I've been warned against joining loads so will probably keep it to a minimum! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Raoul Duke 87

Name: Allan

Course/Year: 1st year Arts. Archaeology, Philosophy and Classical Studies (Greek and Roman Civilization).

Clubs/Societies: More than likely Juggling. I'll decide on what else I shall join during Fresher's Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Name: Ciarán

Course/Year: 2nd Year Science Biochem + Medchem

Clubs/Societies: Been involved in Sci-fi a fair bit, am currently the webmaster. Also do some stuff with Gamesoc too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Name: Jimmy

Course/Year: ...lets call it Stage X/3 of English/Sociology

Clubs/Societies: Completely given up on the bloody things. However, will be knocking about with a camera videoblogging for UCD so if you've anything particularly interesting going on society wise let us know; hopefully have a slightly better camera as well!

(An example of the kind of stuff I would've filmed last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Name: Chet

Course/Year: 3rd Elec. Engineering

Societies/Clubs/Interests: Member of ElecSoc, wouldn't say active...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

Name: Stephen

Course/Year: 1st year Arts doing Geography, Politics and History.

Societies: Windsurfing, JazzSoc and WorldAid Soc (my friend's the auditor so it's a given that I'm at least joining) :P

Advertisement