Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplex Satellite and Aeriel onto one Coax

Options
  • 25-08-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have aeriel in attic and satellite cables also go into attic. I only have one coax from attic to living room!

Can I multiplex both signals onto the one coax? This box from Power City seems to imply I can but will it transfer LNB power back up, etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Yes, you can do this quite easily with a satellite and uhf diplexer. Attach the appropriate cable to input an then your living room cable to the output, then you get a faceplate which reverses this with two outputs, one for satellite and one for uhf aerial. Job done. Manufacturers include Global, Triax, Televes and others

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I have aeriel in attic and satellite cables also go into attic. I only have one coax from attic to living room!

Can I multiplex both signals onto the one coax?

One of these in the attic and this behind the TV.

Should be available widely, DIY stores electrical stores etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks, guys, that's great. It would have been a nightmare trying to run new cables as I want to run to kitchen and bedroom as well (house was wired with coax from attic to each room).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

In that case you'll need a seperate UHF/sat. diplexer for the feed to each room & the aerial feed will need to be split (& possibly amplified) before it is combined with each satellite feed seperately. Hopefully the installed coax cable can cope with satellite signals.

For more than 2 or 3 rooms, a multiswitch would probably be a better option, especially if you require extra sat. feeds for recording (but this would need another cable to the room concerned).

Advertisement