Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car thefts *WARNING*

Options
  • 18-08-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Folks,

FYI - There have been a number of cars stolen on consecutive nights this week in Swords on the same estate. All keys were taken through the letterbox from what I have been told.

Keep your keys off the hall table would seem to be the message and make sure you have the house alarm on (for piece of mind if nothing else).

Stay safe, a car isnt worth it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Sizzler wrote: »
    Folks,

FYI - There have been a number of cars stolen on consecutive nights this week in Swords on the same estate. All keys were taken through the letterbox from what I have been told.

Keep your keys off the hall table would seem to be the message and make sure you have the house alarm on (for piece of mind if nothing else).

Stay safe, a car isnt worth it.

Which estate?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

born2bwild wrote: »
    Which estate?

In the Fingal Independent last week they mentioned incidents in Holywell, but car thefts are up everywhere. And if you have a letterbox in your hall door you just shouldn't leave your keys in the hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

Which estate?

The car thieves have probably moved on to another estate by now anyway, so the same message applies ...
    Sizzler wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Which estate?
    Ridgewood.

Seems like this wasnt the only place targeted though, ironically fingal independent were writing about it whilst it was happening elsewhere in Swords!

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/fishing-thieves-warning-2850359.html

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Things like this get reported every year.

I guess, no harm in reminding people about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Larianne wrote: »
    Things like this get reported every year.

I guess, no harm in reminding people about it.

Exactly, August is always a dead news month so you get more of these space fillers this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

Don't assume that because your keys are not visible from the side window/door window/letterbox that they won't be fished:
    http://i54.tinypic.com/30djtiq.jpg

Advertisement