Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-08-2011, 14:36   #16
shawnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by x in the city View Post
work away and by the 14 year old audi so, can gurantee you it wont be just a grand you will be spending on it to keep it going.. and no, its not worth the asking price.

why would anyone in this day and age buy a 14 year old car..wtf

there are cars screaming out to be bought now all over the country.

even if the bomb proof audi has a good engine i very much doubt the same could be said for the rest of the car.

rover james, have you some sorta of a hidden agenda against me... seems so its just funny looking at your 'likes this' to other people comments.
Interesting view point , just out of curiousity what would you buy if you wanted to spend around a grand on a diesel car ??? ( and yes I do know that there are loads of cars screaming to be bought , not that many mind you for a grand with two years nct) but enlighten us culchies
Advertisement
05-08-2011, 18:12   #17
shawnee

05-08-2011, 19:06   #18
Magown3

Oh, and mine has 175k on it, not quite the 180k that the OP is lookin at but I reckon it'll get there easily enough in a few months.

I bought it a year ago this month and have done 20k in it. It's never let me down but I did have to replace the oil cooler which was a dirty bastid of a job in the snow last December.

Other things I have done to it are:
1x Rear wheel bearing €60ish
2x rear shocks €240
4x springs €160
2x tie rod ends €50ish, can't remember
2x tyres €85 ea.

It's a grand car but could do with a bit more oomph. I'd say it's far from t's original 110bhp

Last edited by Magown3; 05-08-2011 at 19:08. Reason: yer ma
08-08-2011, 02:13   #19
x in the city
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee View Post
Interesting view point , just out of curiousity what would you buy if you wanted to spend around a grand on a diesel car ??? ( and yes I do know that there are loads of cars screaming to be bought , not that many mind you for a grand with two years nct) but enlighten us culchies
for a grand on a diesel car, i could just go into spar, buy autotrader go to the bargain basement and pick any diesel car at random.

tbh, any diesel car for a grand is hardly going to set the world on fire.

I am looking at potential cars, a diesel accord in the 07/08 era and also a TSI golf.. as i am told that 40mpg is the way to go now and 2 litre+ petrols are dead end material

was looking at a 2.4 accord type s, as i liked its rarity and bomb proof'ness but not sure i am keen on a marriage also to it.

what a poster said on old cars being just as good as newer cars is true enough as most people in ireland treat cars like dog s.it, sadly.

i have seen some (old!) cars in the uk almost pristine.. full service history, floor mats.. the works.

makes irish cars for sale terribly sad.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion