Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimmage area

Options
  • 21-07-2011 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the area between Lorcan O'Toole park, Kimmage road west and Sundrive road are ok?

We're moving from a well dodgy area and wanty somewhere quiet, safe and as carefree as possible after the nightmare of the last year.
    Theres a few houses around there but want to be sure its ok.

Anybody have any experiences there?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It varies. There are some bad bits right up against some nice bits. I lived on Clonfert Road for years and never encountered any trouble. I'd happily live on any of the streets off that end of Stannaway: Devenish, Kilfenora etc. Clonard Road, Captain's Road and Poddle Park I'd be a bit more uncertain about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

BeerNut wrote: »
    It varies. There are some bad bits right up against some nice bits. I lived on Clonfert Road for years and never encountered any trouble. I'd happily live on any of the streets off that end of Stannaway: Devenish, Kilfenora etc. Clonard Road, Captain's Road and Poddle Park I'd be a bit more uncertain about.

Cheers for that. i was lookin at one between captains and clonard so i think ill give it a miss.

Any idea if there's ever any bother in brookfield or st annes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Does anyone know if the area between Lorcan O'Toole park, Kimmage road west and Sundrive road are ok?

We're moving from a well dodgy area and wanty somewhere quiet, safe and as carefree as possible after the nightmare of the last year.
    Theres a few houses around there but want to be sure its ok.

Anybody have any experiences there?

?????? in respect of directions.

Lorcan O'Toole Park to Sundrive Road is Stanaway Road and all streets off Stanaway Road.

To go to Kimmage Road West, from Lorcan O'Toole park, one would have to travel in the completely opposite direction from Lorcan O'toole park (going to Sundrive Road).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

hinault wrote: »
    ?????? in respect of directions.

Lorcan O'Toole Park to Sundrive Road is Stanaway Road and all streets off Stanaway Road.

To go to Kimmage Road West, from Lorcan O'Toole park, one would have to travel in the completely opposite direction from Lorcan O'toole park (going to Sundrive Road).

yes, well that general area is what i meant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Clogher Road is lovely if there are any places going there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

live din poddle park just near there for two years and never had a problem though its an odd area cos you can turn a corner and suddenly be like 'uh oh' but we never had any hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I lived there for 12-18 months around 2008-2009.

The comment 'some bad bits right against some nice bits' is spot on. I lived in a residence behind a gate but used to walk around the general area all the time to go to the Submarine for a pint or to the shopping centre and never had a spot of bother.

Having said that, in the time I lived there, Martin Foley (The Viper) got shot leaving the gym about 600 yards away from my place and very shortly after I moved out, a pipe bomb was found planted on Stanaway Road (see below for both).

I think it's the kind of area you could get unlucky in but I found it a fine place to live.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/pipe-bomb-under-vehicle-linked-to-deadly-gang-feud-1616831.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jan/27/ireland.henrymcdonald

Advertisement