Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan-friendly restaurants in Dublin

Options
  • 30-06-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Have we got a thread for 'normal' restaurants with vegan options in Dublin? Will I start one? In no particular order:

Jo'burger - the veggie patties (choice of two!) are vegan, choose your toppings and ask for no mayo.

Pablo Picante - the veggie burrito with no cheese is vegan, and delicious

Milano - pizzas with no cheese (watch out for pesto!), ask for some chilli oil at the table for extra flavour if needed. The caffe real (espresso with marinated baby figs) is vegan without the mascarpone cheese

Wagamama - have a number of suitable items, check with your server (here is the vegan list on the uk website, the Irish one doesn't have a vegan section http://www.wagamama.com/food/dietary)

Chameleon (contact before you go) - I went here with a large group, contacted the restaurant beforehand to ask about vegan options, and I was very well fed!

Chapter One (contact before you go) - I haven't eaten here yet, but I have emailed to ask about vegan options, they said they would be happy to accommodate me once they get some prior warning!

KOH - "We can make vegan friendly dishes, they would be stir-fry dishes as the curry paste contains fish sauce."

Saba - "I have attached a copy of our dinner menu for your convenience. All
    the dishes marked with a (v) are suitable for vegetarians. The dishes that
    would be suitable for vegans are Tempura vegetable with a sweet chilli dip,
    Than Ya Phud salad, Phad Tai Jay with no egg, Hoi An with no egg, any of the
    Wok dishes with vegetables and tofu, although these dishes do have to be
    altered as some of the sauces contain fish sauce. The Gaeng Karee Fuktong is
    also suitable. In the sides the Iceberg Lettuce and the Dao Hup are also
    suitable.
    I hope this has been of some assistance to you and if you ever come
    to the restaurant be sure to mention your dietary requirements to the
    manager who will notify your waiter."

Diep - very helpful staff "Thanks for your enquiry. We have quite a lot of options for a vegan both in the restaurant and from Diep at Home. You just need to make it clear to the manager on duty and your waiter and they will go over the options with you, but here is a guide of available dishes for your perusal:

Restaurant
    For Starters - Tempura Veg (we do not use any milk in our batter,
    just flour and water and you can have it without the mayonnaise)
    - Beansprouts Tofu (with no fish or oyster
    sauce)
    - Garlic Tofu (with no fish or oyster sauce)

For Mains - Tofu Rice Noodle Soup
    - Glass Noodle Soup
    - Any of the vegetarian noodles (rice noodles,
    vermicelli noodles or glass noodles only and again with no fish or
    oyster sauce, and no egg)
    - Mixed Vegetable Stir-fry (with no fish or
    oyster sauce)

It is also basically the same options for Diep at Home take out service.
    There are just a few more noodle options there."

The Baddies

L'Geuleton - emailed at the beginning of June, haven't had a response yet

Please chime in if you have any info on where is good to eat!

Advertisement