Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon now delivering Groceries to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

A small update on this. City Link's tracking site updated yesterday afternoon to say there was a new tracking number, but Amazon remained unchanged and I got no notification.

I called City Link again and the girl said "we transferred this to Target as they share our premises. Its out for delivery in the south today, the tracking no is the same".

I looked up on Target and it will be at home this afternoon. Job done I guess, but I don't think I'll go this exact route again.

For those who ordered and got Pet Food already, what brands or size / weight was your order? I wonder is it down to such a restriction?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

clancger wrote: »
    A small update on this. City Link's tracking site updated yesterday afternoon to say there was a new tracking number, but Amazon remained unchanged and I got no notification.

I called City Link again and the girl said "we transferred this to Target as they share our premises. Its out for delivery in the south today, the tracking no is the same".

I looked up on Target and it will be at home this afternoon. Job done I guess, but I don't think I'll go this exact route again.

For those who ordered and got Pet Food already, what brands or size / weight was your order? I wonder is it down to such a restriction?

Brilliant! Seems like CityLink have a southern partner after all - Target. Will note that on my other post.

Brilliant! Seems like CityLink have a southern partner after all - Target. Will note that on my other post.

Although it seems that Target and City Link appear to share systems, locations and can transfer over tracking numbers, I did get the feeling from the girl in City Link that the transfer to Target was not standard procedure.

Either way my doggy is eating in style tonight.

clancger wrote: »
    Although it seems that Target and City Link appear to share systems, locations and can transfer over tracking numbers, I did get the feeling from the girl in City Link that the transfer to Target was not standard procedure.

Standard procedure should be to return an incorrectly formatted address to the sender. The kindness of courier staff is what gets BT1 1AA stuff down south. Long may it continue.

the bulk buying on this thread reminds me of.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mmmmm- bacon fries........

After getting the dog food delivered yesterday, I sent an unrelated query mail from a different mail address to Amazon Cust Service asking why the checkout does not want to allow me to order this product for delivery to Ireland.
    This is the response that came back:

Hello Mr xxx,

I understand your concern regarding the "Royal Canin Medium Junior 15 kg".

I can confirm that we do deliver Grocery items to Ireland.

I checked our website and found that this "Royal Canin Medium Junior 15 kg" is listed as "In stock but may require up to 2 additional days to deliver".

To ensure we offer optimum availability of items in stock, a small number of our items may have the phrase "In stock but may require up to 2 additional days to deliver", written on the item detail page.

This means that the item will be dispatched from an alternative fulfilment centre. This alternative fulfilment center is not capable of delivering this item to your address and this is the reason why you are unable to place an order for this item. Please accept my sincere apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I hope this helps to explain things.

So it looks that I'll be using the dodgy-ish address again in future ;-)

clancger, where was the dog food shipped from? Amazon Germany, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

Initial post says nappies included. I'm after building a shoppping basket of baby stuff and now it's telling me nappies can't be shipped to the Dublin address! Any ideas anyone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

g0g wrote: »
    Initial post says nappies included. I'm after building a shoppping basket of baby stuff and now it's telling me nappies can't be shipped to the Dublin address! Any ideas anyone!?

Link the nappies you are trying to buy.

Edit: I just tried to buy some and no joy either.

• Advertisement

Important Message

The following items cannot be shipped to the addresses you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping addresses or remove the items by clicking Delete.
    • Pampers New Baby Size 3 Midi Nappies - 2 x Economy Packs of 54 (108 Nappies) cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    • Pampers New Baby Size 2 Mini Nappies - 2 x Economy Packs of 62 (124 Nappies) cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    At least these two anyway!

g0g wrote: »

Not sure- it refused my order for nappies too (but allowed me to order coffee, bacon fries and some other things).......

:(
    Other Delivery Restrictions

Additional delivery restrictions may apply to specific items or sub-categories due to the nature of some products. These products might be restricted for delivery, both within the UK and to other countries. For example, large items, such as those that are 30 kg or heavier, or have large boxes e.g. widescreen televisions (larger than 26 inch), furniture or some fitness equipment, can only be delivered to mainland UK.

The following items can only be delivered to addresses within the UK:

• Children's clothing and nappies, children's shoes, children's car seats.
    • Blank media items, such as CDs, DVDs and MP3/4 players.
    • Safety equipment and medicines.
    • Light bulbs cannot be delivered to the Republic of Ireland.
    Unless otherwise specified, electrical equipment and appliances sold on Amazon.co.uk are sold with UK electric plugs only. You will need a plug adapter if you wish to use these products outside the UK.

BFPO restrictions can be found here: BFPO information

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lindtee wrote: »
    Fairy Eucalyptus Antibacterial washing up liquid 650ml x 4 £4.18 (approx €5, €1.25 a bottle)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004JV8ZKS/ref=oss_product
    41gwYyGrNDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tropical Sun West Indian Hot Pepper sauce x 12 £6.84 (approx €8.15, 68c a bottle)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004EZQ09C/ref=oss_product
    41in4-AeuvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Flash Professional Clean and Bleach Spray x 5 £5.78 (approx €6.89, €1.37 a bottle)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004JV6VD6/ref=oss_product
    41T8wK7-V8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Other household items(not worthy of their own thread:pac:)

Elliots Dustpan and brush, flowers design £1.91 (Approx 2.28)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002ATPMUC/ref=oss_product

Yarn Mop Head £1.55 (approx €1.85)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000OLA9W4/ref=oss_product
    41pywGqPxzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Kraft Hamburger maker with 100 wax discs £2.18 (approx €2.75)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001IX1IE/ref=oss_product
    31rZaVMNG5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    And for the doggies
    Supadog Complete Dry Food Beef and Gravy 2.5kg x 2 £5.26 (approx €6.27)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H182T4/ref=oss_product
    51yBldhCv9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks Lindtee for taking the time to create this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

delete please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

daytob wrote: »

You are looking at amazon.com which is amazons US site. You should be using amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭Nollog

daytob wrote: »

Hop onto ebay.de- you can get virtually any Haribo products, delivery is normally quite reasonable- EUR12 for up to 20kg for example. I'm always ordering Colorado from Germany...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Skittles on pre order 14 x 174g:) for just over €10
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003VUPESE/ref=ox_ya_os_product
    51y9vzwKlzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

lindtee wrote: »
    Skittles on pre order 14 x 174g:) for just over €10
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003VUPESE/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Ingredients:
    Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Fruit Juices (5.1%) (Blackcurrant, Lime, Orange, Strawberry, Lemon), Vegetable Fat, Acidity Regulators (E330, E331), Dextrin, Maltodextrin, Flavourings, Modified Starch, Colours*, Glazing Agent (Carnauba Wax), Vegetable Oil, Emulsifier (E475), *E100, E120, E132, E133, E160e, E171

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ingredients:

mmmm... yum.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ingredients:

Its almost pure sugar- as you'd expect with almost any candy products......
    The only issue I'd have is the colourings........
    14 bags for a tenner is a silly amount of Skittles!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought them Skittles the other day with an electric flosser by Oral B..

.. yeah, I planned for the worst! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

you could nearly recreate the skittles commercial where everything yer man touches turns to skittles

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

clancger, where was the dog food shipped from? Amazon Germany, by any chance?
    That's where the Royal Canin I ordered came from. Had no issue with address or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The price of pedigree dog food that I ordered last month ahs gone from £4.73 to £6.99 :(

No saving anymore but would nearly order it just to get it up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Grawns wrote: »
    The price of pedigree dog food that I ordered last month ahs gone from £4.73 to £6.99 :(

No saving anymore but would nearly order it just to get it up for them.

They are giving it to you at the original price though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

If you order something on subscription, they charge the price that the item currently is/will be when they dispatch the next one, not what it was when you started the subscription as far as i can make out. Had Febreeze air freshener things on a subscription, thinking I'd get it at the original price but it had trebled in price on my subscription when I checked:mad:

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    That's where the Royal Canin I ordered came from. Had no issue with address or anything.

Hi lads,

sorry, I hadn't spotted Kotek's question till now. I looked into the tracking details and labelling and as far as I can tell it shipped directly from Wednesbury, West Midlands.
    There was nothing to indicate that it had originated elsewhere.

Cheers

Advertisement