Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get my P45

• 14-06-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

So, basically my D-I-C-K former employers have avoided giving me my P45 for the past two months (going so far as giving out to me for requesting it on the fourth occasion). It isn't funny any more, I'm being emergency taxed into the floor. I get paid monthly and genuinely may not get enough to pay my rent this month which is a pant-****ting prospect. The date for having my tax sorted for June's wages has passed by and even though they promised they would get on top of it, my P45 still hasn't come through. I got in touch with Revenue and they said the best they can do is send a P43 demanding it to my former employer's office, but it can't be done in time to help me with this month's wages.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How are you getting in touch with the ex-employers? Email, phone, or a billboard in front of their offices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

"If you are not given a P45 when you leave your job you should first ask your employer for it. If the employer does not supply it you should contact your local tax office. Revenue will contact the employer and obtain your P45 for you. If you have started a new job, Revenue will send you a new tax credit certificate so you will not have to pay emergency tax in your new job.

If you have not been given your P45 and you think that your PRSI contributions have not been paid you should inform your local social welfare inspector by contacting your local social welfare office or the Scope section of the Department of Social Protection. If your employer does not give you a P60 at the end of each year you should contact your local tax office."

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/no_p45_no_p60.html

Get the Revenue on to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

If you let them know you have made a call to NERA they wont be long giving it to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

Alright dudes, cheers for the advice! Rang Revenue and they just told me the P43 thing. I had been in to them twice, on the phone, e-mailed and the girlfriend dropped in one day. The funniest thing happened last Friday though - my manager from my new job got wind of it and personally phoned my old employers :P Monday morning I had my tax forms and the P45 :P Don't know why I didn't get it sooner, but everyone who has ever finished up in that place has had trouble.

Does anyone here know if there's a way to claim tax back seperate from your wages? My pay was put through before I got this sorted and that cash is fairly essential :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

What happens if you arrive for work and the place has been closed down and the owner has done a runner , how do you go about getting a P45 in that situation ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sulu

Does anyone here know if there's a way to claim tax back seperate from your wages? My pay was put through before I got this sorted and that cash is fairly essential :([/QUOTE]

Yeah guys, anyone know about this. I have the same problem Fergality, oh the misery of it. How is one supposed to live through the month. I gave my new employers a p45 and have still been taxed! Anyone know why? I checked the last pay slip that I had in my last job and my pay slip said STATUS - EMERGENCY, though my taxes didn't seem to be that big and didn't really notice. Obviously I am completely clueless when it comes to pay, but when your paycheck is miniscule its hard to miss. Any help would be appreciated ....

Advertisement