Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOMTOM Live Services

Options
  • 22-03-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Is anybody else having problems with TOMTOM Live services? Mine has been down for 2 weeks now? Their support team say there is a problem on their side but no time frame for a resolution etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

No Problem here , what unit are you using ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problems here & I havn't heard any reports.
    Are you even getting a network connection?
    Goto Settings>Status & Information>Version Information> Network
    Does Status show Connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tommytwo

I have a Go 750 LIVE. It says status Not Connected. I have 3 bars out of five on the network. I sent them all the data and did the facotry rest and soft reset but no change. ITs bugging the crap out of me as I only bought it 10 days ago to replace my Tomtom XL

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GO750?
    Had you live services on this before???:confused:

No. The live services havent worked on it since I got it. The only way I can get the traffic eot work is when I have it connected to my laptop and operate the system via TOMTOM Home

• Advertisement

Live services are not available in Ireland on the 750/950 range.
    You need the GO1000 /1005
    Have you bought this as new for live services?
    If so bring it back to whoever sold it to you & demand a refund & get GO 1000 or GO 1005

Yes, I was going to buy a garmin and I bought it specifically for the Live services.

Not fit for the purpose it was sold to you for.
    Get yourself a refund.

Thanks for the help. More than I got from TOMTOM. Going to bring it back in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

KoolKid wrote: »
    Live services are not available in Ireland on the 750/950 range.
    You need the GO1000 /1005
    Have you bought this as new for live services?
    If so bring it back to whoever sold it to you & demand a refund & get GO 1000 or GO 1005
    Can I jump in here and ask if you know whether the Live services should be available on my Carminat TomTom Live built-in nav system? (The car is Renault Laguna bought new about a month ago). The status page shows five signal strength bars but it never actually connects.

• Advertisement

Not available here AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Del Amitri

Are the TomTom live services any good? I live and work in Dublin and would buy a new one if I thought it might cut down travel time or point out any potential delays.

I travel from Firhouse to Clonskeagh each day (not via M50). How extensive is the coverage?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I live and drive in Dublin every day , Its very handy and coverage is fine .

Look here : http://routes.tomtom.com/#/map/?center=53.3331%2C-6.2489014&zoom=9&map=basic

+1 to Sharkman. Good around Dublin. Live Google search is very handy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

sorry for the stupid question but..... ;)

how does tomtom HD traffic work? i have a Go 1000, I am 'not' pairing my mobile phone to the device, therefore it has no internet connection through 3G or any other variant

yet it seems to be updating me on potential traffic delays and even google search seems to work?

There is a SIM card in the device. Goto Settings>Status and Information and on the information screen select network. This will network info card info and signal strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TomTom Ireland

peking97 wrote: »
    Can I jump in here and ask if you know whether the Live services should be available on my Carminat TomTom Live built-in nav system? (The car is Renault Laguna bought new about a month ago). The status page shows five signal strength bars but it never actually connects.

Yes we have actually launched LIVE services now for Carminat (selected models) but there were some issues with the initial activation for vehicles prior to June 1st. You can call the following number (TomTom customer support) and they will sort it out for you -

1890 812 008

Yes we have actually launched LIVE services now for Carminat (selected models) but there were some issues with the initial activation for vehicles prior to June 1st. You can call the following number (TomTom customer support) and they will sort it out for you -

1890 812 008

Phoned support this norning but they advise Live Services not available:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TomTom Ireland

Phoned support this norning but they advise Live Services not available:confused:

There have been issues as I said but the service has launched on some models for Carminat - PM me your email address etc and I'll pass to Customer Support to contact you directly.

PM sent. Thanks.

• Advertisement

1890 812 008
    Mine is Carminat TT Live in Renault Laguna Initiale bought new less than two months ago and I notice this evening that TT Home is now offering to allow me purchase a 12-month subscription to Live Services whereas in the past it was reporting these as not available. While this is a welcome change I was under the impression that I would get some type of free trial period.... No?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Hey

I have the new TomTom Go Live 825 & the "live" feature isn't working at all. Is it down or do i have to set something up for it to work properly.

Thanks.

Where did you purchase this?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Hey

I won it in a TomTom competition a few weeks ago.

It should work. Goto settings status and information and press on network. Does it show connected?

Mine is Carminat TT Live in Renault Laguna Initiale bought new less than two months ago and I notice this evening that TT Home is now offering to allow me purchase a 12-month subscription to Live Services whereas in the past it was reporting these as not available. While this is a welcome change I was under the impression that I would get some type of free trial period.... No?

Just an update in case anyone is watching this thread. I went ahead and purchased the Live Services for one year and all appears to be working perfectly. Can anyone advise how the system works? I know there is a SIM card in the Carminat but what network is it using to call out? When I look at the Status page it shows the MCC/MNC as GDSP....whatever that is!

Mine has a Vodafone SIM MNC 27201

.... but what network is it using to call out? When I look at the Status page it shows the MCC/MNC as GDSP....whatever that is!

I think I may have found the answer myself. Vodafone.

http://wirelessfederation.com/news/tag/gdsp/

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Just an update in case anyone is watching this thread. I went ahead and purchased the Live Services for one year and all appears to be working perfectly. Can anyone advise how the system works? I know there is a SIM card in the Carminat but what network is it using to call out? When I look at the Status page it shows the MCC/MNC as GDSP....whatever that is!

I was playing with my Carminat system on the way home this evening and seem to have a 3 month trial of LIVE services. It was the first time I had the option of activating it and I have not purchased anything from the unit or from TomTom Home.

• Advertisement

Yeah after I went ahead with the payment in June I notice that the expiry on HD Traffic is Sept 2012 so they obviously added the three months trial period automatically. The expiry on the other services is June 2012 though!

Do you have all the services free for three months?

Advertisement