Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next weekend - 18th & 19th - can anyone give me some hope?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Hi weather watchers - I'm heading to Body&Soul festival next weekend (near Clonmellon, Co Westmeath) - last year it was one of the nicest weekends of the summer, but it's not looking too good for this year.
    Accuweather is saying about 8mm of rain Sat, and 4 on Sunday.

Would any forecasters concur with that, or can you give me any hope that I'll need the factor 50? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Atlantic fully in control, pattern is heavy showers fronts crossing every few days coupled with days with less showers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Quote (Accuweather is saying about 8mm of rain Sat, and 4 on Sunday)

Please note that these type of forecast change,ahem, like the weather.:)

Just having a quick look there i'd say showery with some nice sunshine and temp around 15 c.

Of course anything beyond 120 hours is very much subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

redsunset wrote: »
    Just having a quick look there i'd say showery with some nice sunshine and temp around 15 c.

I could live with that
    Here's hoping it's more the sunshine than showers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

redsunset wrote: »
    Quote (Accuweather is saying about 8mm of rain Sat, and 4 on Sunday)

Please note that these type of forecast change,ahem, like the weather.:)

Of course anything beyond 120 hours is very much subject to change.

120 hrs of sun! yipee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Any update on this? I really want a sunny(ish) weekend. Just not lashing rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Any update on this? I really want a sunny(ish) weekend. Just not lashing rain

The forecast on Accuweather has gone from 12 mm precipitation between the two days (forecast from last week) to saying 2.5 mm of precipitation between the two days, if this trend continues it should be a good weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Dunno bout 18th/19th well I do (cool and showery)

but 24th on looks good to 28th. Warm too. However by the time this comes it will probably be still cool and shwery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Rather than a long answer giving all sorts of lunar & meteorlogical explanations...

...the answer is NO! :D

Bring the wellies, don't park in a field, forget about make-up, no need to get the hair done. Enjoy Yourself and wallow in the mud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Ah *****cks

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Dont worry lads, only a few showers for after today and it wont be too much of a mudfest since its only 1500 at the festival :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Sea Sessions in Bundoran next weekend, how's the weather fairing out for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Pangea wrote: »
    Sea Sessions in Bundoran next weekend, how's the weather fairing out for that?

Very very good actually!:) All subject to change though...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

You mean I can put away the auld fleece and expose the lily white pins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

slowburner wrote: »
    You mean I can put away the auld fleece and expose the lily white pins?

Give it another few days I'd say. ;)

Advertisement