Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrying over failed subjects

Options
  • 07-06-2011 2:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

I failed 2 subjects this semester and a friend of mine said you can carry over a maximum of 2 failed subjects into the next academic year and complete them over the course of the year, is that true? If so do you basically do an exam for it next summer (2012) instead of this summer? And how do you apply for that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

on the 9th, the applications are open for repeats in august.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Also i remember one of my lecturers sayin you can only carry two for the duration of your course. is that right?

dont mean to high jack the thread but whats the story with compensating for a failed exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

No it's two per year, apart from your last year. Obviously you need to pass everything eventually to complete the course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This depends on the course and subject. Certain subjects you are not permitted to carry. I think its two per semester.

Contact course leader to confirm your situation..

• Advertisement
Advertisement