Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caroline Kearney (CK) Tri 13th August 2011

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

te this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 5 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    100% 5 votes
    Average
    0% 0 votes
    Poor
    0% 0 votes
    Terrible
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Just to note the date is 13th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Thanks, typed it too fast yesterday! I've changed the date within the thread but cant seem to be able to change the way it appears on the main page. Anyone know how to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Thinking of this as my 1st Olympic, only problem is my swimming:o

Does anyone think this will sell out or will i be safe enough leaving it for a few weeks ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I wouldn't, tends to sell out pretty quick afaik

• Advertisement

I'm signing up this evening when i get home.

Well i'm in..............51 days and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Meant to be a good race. Any of the midland tri races I have done have been very well run before.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

mloc123 wrote: »
    Meant to be a good race. Any of the midland tri races I have done have been very well run before.

+1 It is a good race as you'd expect from Midland Tri... Fighting Cancer Triathlon last weekend was no exception.

The burgers at the end always go down well! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Murraythree

Appears this has sold out? Tried to register but unable -
    Online registration has closed.

Am well pi...d off with myself if this is case as was on the site a number of times and kept putting reg off (who knowns why). Ah well....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Appears this has sold out? Tried to register but unable -
    Online registration has closed.

Am well pi...d off with myself if this is case as was on the site a number of times and kept putting reg off (who knowns why). Ah well....

Ah Sh!te. I had this pencilled in too, but was putting it on the long finger. Time to go sign up to others I have my eye on.

I registered late last week and must have been one of the last.......an omen to the position i'll in come Aug 13th:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Poll has been closed until the event actually takes place :rolleyes:

RayCun wrote: »
    Poll has been closed until the event actually takes place :rolleyes:

Is this one of your 1st power moves:D

CK Tri tomorrow morning - weather looks like it might be kind :)

Who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'm in.

First time doing it, first time racing on TT bike, first race in new runners.

Hoping for a good one, sounds like a very popular race and nice course.
    Map my ride has the bike at 42k and run at 9k but could be wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Best of luck all, a race i really enjoyed when i did it but times haven't suited since to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I'm in too, looking forward to it. Hoping for a flat, fast course :)

Is there a race brief yet, I didn't get one or see you on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Also heading down to this. Maybe we wont miss each other this time El D!!

I've received a few e-mails from them if you want me to send them on. Received brief on 5Aug.

Yeah I got an email with race info, time schedules etc.
    And a separate email on wave start - wave 1 as done by age group so prob all males under 40 and wave 2 for females and over 40's.

I can mail you a copy if you like?
    May be best to email them for confirmation if you haven't received wave classification?

Schedule is on their website also anyway so the info is the same.

I'm headin down this evening to register to save time tomorrow...
    May have a sneak peak at the bike course to check out any sharp bends too... :)

• Advertisement

El D, there was an email sent during the week with some details about the race and then a further one yesterday with your wave number (there are only 2 waves afaik). If it helps...... here is my $0.02

Swim is nice and sheltered so should be fairly calm unless there is a gale blowing. It can be hard to know how to handle the last 50 metres as it gets so shallow that swimming is difficult but running in water is crippling on the quads.:confused:

The bike is reasonably flat - there is nothing you could classify as a proper hill - just some undulations. Did the route last week and the surface is generally ok - only a couple of rough bits;)

The run is completely flat with a few out and back sections and is on closed roads.

Bike is a couple of km long but run was bang on last year.

Hope this helps....

Fazz wrote: »
    May have a sneak peak at the bike course to check out any sharp bends too... :)

Watch out for the sharp left at the kilbeggan road junction - need to obey the white lines here.... 'twas this that got the 2nd place finisher DQ'ed last year!

Yeah I got an email with race info, time schedules etc.
    And a separate email on wave start - wave 1 as done by age group so prob all males under 40 and wave 2 for females and over 40's.

Not sure about that, as I'm wave 2 and I'm Male 30-34.
    EC1000 wrote: »
    Bike is a couple of km long but run was bang on last year.

Bike is 42kmish, and run was 200-300m short last year.

EC1000 wrote: »
    Watch out for the sharp left at the kilbeggan road junction - need to obey the white lines here.... 'twas this that got the 2nd place finisher DQ'ed last year!

I remember reading about that on Bryan McCrystal's blog, sounds harsh!

Which turn is that? Map I have from site doesn't have that village?

Cheers for the tip so!
    Another reason to check out the course!

Not sure about that, as I'm wave 2 and I'm Male 30-34.

Bike is 42kmish, and run was 200-300m short last year.

Strange... I'm same age group yet wave 1 and email says waves determined by age group....

Catch me if you can so :) (I hope you're not a fish :) )

Strange... I'm same age group yet wave 1 and email says waves determined by age group....

Catch me if you can so :) (I hope you're not a fish :) )

I'm certainly no fish!! This was my first Olympic distance race when I did it last year so hoping for a big improvment. 2:24 last year, should take 5 minutes off that, weather dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Did a search of my e mails and got the 5th of Aug one, thanks guys and see ye all there tomorow, you can't miss me in the Activ Multisport gear and blue/white giant trinity. I'm in wave one btw, hopefully see you this time BTH!

Did a search of my e mails and got the 5th of Aug one, thanks guys and see ye all there tomorow, you can't miss me in the Activ Multisport gear and blue/white giant trinity. I'm in wave one btw, hopefully see you this time BTH!

Not sure how anyone can miss me either, I'm ginger, over 6foot, in black and orange 3Dtri gear, on a black and orange planet x. I don't blend in!!

Which turn is that? Map I have from site doesn't have that village?

Cheers for the tip so!
    Another reason to check out the course!

After you go through Castletown-Geoghegan, you keep on that road until you hit a t-junction after a few kms. Its this t-junction where you take a sharp left......

• Advertisement

Not sure how anyone can miss me either, I'm ginger, over 6foot, in black and orange 3Dtri gear, on a black and orange planet x. I don't blend in!!

From looking at last year's results I take it then that you were the person who beat me by 5 seconds :mad:

I have a new target for tomorrow :D:)

Advertisement