Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tue 10/5 21:15 WES1 East Point Rovers

Options
  • 09-05-2011 8:20pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Need to bounce back after dropping 2 points last week.
    East Point are not having a great start so far, but they're an unknown quantity so we need to be in top form. We need to get up and get a proper warm up and start the way we should from the first minute and not the 15th or 20th,

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Martin - in
    Gary - susp
    Eamon - college
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - away
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto - out
    Karl - work
    Wes - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I'm In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

12-0 :eek:

me_gusta_Loafdog-s510x510-144406-535.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

That must have been some warm up you did lads...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well done lads.

murtagh wrote: »
    That must have been some warm up you did lads...

Slow start again actually :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A good result against a very poor team in bad conditions. We'll have much tougher tests over the next few weeks and if we can put away those chances we'll be well on top lads.

If we keep this scoring ratio up we'll have over 100 for the season ;) Nah, they were piss poor, much tougher tests to come. We're clinical at the moment and we've not reached our maximum either. Clean sheet was welcome too after a few sloppy goals last week. Roll on the next few weeks and sterner tests.

SMH got beaten by FC Vaughans, who we play next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They also pushed the monks very close if I remember the results right, will be a tough game but we'll be well up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Excellent second half lads, really kept our focus well throughout. That was seriously heavy rain in the first half so it was very hard to get it down and play but we did very well.

I felt a bit for those lads to be honest, important to remember that it's not so long ago that we were just getting going and really struggling getting the basics sorted out so fair play to them if they stick at it and focus on progressing step by step. I saw them before the match in the pitch next door with the captain showing them how to take a legal throw-in and that brought a wry smile - Des/Michael/Cathal, how many hundred foul throws did we give away in the early days??? Reflecting on that really highlighted to me how far we've come but the piece I'm proudest of is our standard has increased significantly but nothing else has changed: we're still about the team above the man and encouraging each other when things aren't working out. We've a lot further to go and it's keeping those guiding principles that'll get us there. Though there's no doubting the most fundamental difference: we now have a full squad of real footballers that can play lovely football.

As the lads have said, it'll be a different ball game next week, but there's no risk of complacency with this squad, everyone knows the deal.

We gave away a foul throw this evening, down in the far corner in the second half Jules.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Great Result Last Night Lads. But As Martin Said We Never Really Got Going Last Night And The Other Team Were Not Up To Much. Next Five weeks Are Tough Games And Will Shake Things Up In The Top End Of The League. But Once Again Great Performance, And Still To Get Out Of Third Gear.

Advertisement