Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trip computer on Skoda Superb 2005

Options
  • 03-05-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A question for anyone with a Skoda Superb (the model from 2005).

See this image for reference PIC_0330.jpg

Basically, I cannot get the trip computer to appear on the central display as shown in the above image. When I click the 'next option' button on the rocker switch it moves between them (clock/trip computer etc.) in the small little display in the rev counter(showing the clock in the above image). The central display only lights up when there's a warning eg. safety belt not on, door open, washer fluid needed etc.

Is this normal? Was the trip computer on the big screen an option? Am I not pressing the right button? Have tried everything (read the manual, looked up online) to get it up on the bigger display to no avail.

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Hold the up button for a couple of seconds. Should pop up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

EPM wrote: »
    Hold the up button for a couple of seconds. Should pop up then.

Thanks EPM. Will try that later. :o

One more question: what does the on/off button on the multifunction switch do? It's not in the manual or in any of the stuff I can find online (either the full instructions of the brief ones on the skoda website).

Is it on the indicator swtich? Probably the cruise control. If it's the button on the underside of the display controller it's for entering into menu items and if you hold it down it resets items (fuel consumption etc).

Hi EPM,

That doesn't seem to work. Tried holding the 'up' button for varying times (from 5 to 30 seconds) to no avail. Tried 'down' and 'reset' as well.

Nothing happens beyond it alternating the trip computer function being shown in the small display in the rev counter.

The central display only shows door open/seat belt warnings.

:confused:

All advice appreciated.

Quad

Actually, just checked the documentation there and it's the exclusive model which is supposed to have the maxi dot display thingy that can show the trip computer up on the main display.

Confused.

Actually, sorted it out. I was confusing ,exclusive with elegance. The exclusive is the poverty Irish basic spec from what I can see.

One final question - the superb has 63k miles on board so is due a timing belt change I presume? Anyone recommend a good garage for this (either main dealership or Indy) in Dublin?

Thanks v much.

• Advertisement

It depends on the version of maxidot. That's how my Octavia works for the full version. As for the timing belt I think it's 4 years or 60k miles. Should be in the owners guide and others here will know better. If in doubt get it done. Get the water pump done too.

EPM wrote: »
    It depends on the version of maxidot. That's how my Octavia works for the full version. As for the timing belt I think it's 4 years or 60k miles. Should be in the owners guide and others here will know better. If in doubt get it done. Get the water pump done too.

Gonna get it done. Any recommendations on anywhere in Dublin to get it done? Was thinking Phoenix Motors on Prussia street (they serviced it for the previous owners last time I think).

Advertisement