Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 1-4-2011 - TAPING RESULTS *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 29-03-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Results Courtesy of PWInsider.com:

-Kofi Kingston defeated Wade Barrett by DQ in an IC title match. Kofi had the match won, but the Corre ran out and broke it up for the DQ. First Santino and Vladimir ran out for the save, but were ineffective. Then Kane and Big Show came out and cleared the ring.

-Michael Cole went to the back with his armed security.

-Jerry Lawler cut an in-ring promo. Very serious, with him saying that people have to face the consequences of their words, and Cole will on Sunday.

-Cody Rhodes defeated Chris Masters. Michael Cole came back out half way through. Cody won easily. Rey Mysterio ran out, and kept trying to hit the 619, which included exposing the knee brace again, but Cody bailed.

-The dark match main event then saw John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Edge, and Randy Orton defeated The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, and CM Punk. Pretty short match all things considered. Eventually the faces ganged up on Alberto and hit all the finishers on him for the win.

Looks like there is still a couple of segments to be taped for the airing of the show, specially since there was nothing to do with Del Rio/Edge/Christian, other than the dark match.

Giving Barrett the IC Title last week seems like a waste if it isnt even gonna be on the line at Mania.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cole is doing a excellent job in his feud with Lawler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

so Del Rio loses to wwe mid card veteran christian 2 weeks in a row and now takes all 4 finishers in his last match before before Mania :eek:, is this the same guy that won the Royal Rumble and ''could'' win the title on sunday, i wonder is vince russo back in charge of booking.

so Del Rio loses to wwe mid card veteran christian 2 weeks in a row and now takes all 4 finishers in his last match before before Mania :eek:, is this the same guy that won the Royal Rumble and ''could'' win the title on sunday, i wonder is vince russo back in charge of booking.

I still think Del Rio is winning the WHC at Mania

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I still think Del Rio is winning the WHC at Mania

yeah so do i, i just think its just a stupid way to book him, how can anybody take him seriously as champion after the last few weeks, its like the miz over on raw who apart from the last couple of weeks has been booked to look weak, and even last night he took the elbow, and cena the challenger looked stronger.

It is for one the dark match so it wont be on tv

I think someone mentioned on another thread it will be Del Rio V Christian again this week in some sort of gimmick match

• Advertisement

It is for one the dark match so it wont be on tv

I think someone mentioned on another thread it will be Del Rio V Christian again this week in some sort of gimmick match

yeah i suppose, but people read about it on the net, personally i just think its a poor way of booking the next champion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Looks like there is still a couple of segments to be taped for the airing of the show, specially since there was nothing to do with Del Rio/Edge/Christian, other than the dark match.

sd this week is just basically a mania preview show, surprised they taped any matches for it

It was announced on Raw that The Corre vs. Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov in an 8 man Tag Team match will take place at WrestleMania 27

What for Kofi at Mania now :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

what happened to the Del Rio Christian last man standing/no holds barred/whatever stip it was i read they taped at Raw for this show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What for Kofi at Mania now :rolleyes:

Dark match with McIntyre?

• Advertisement

what happened to the Del Rio Christian last man standing/no holds barred/whatever stip it was i read they taped at Raw for this show

Some of the results are missing or are not taped yet I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They usually inject loads of stuff rfom the Mania fan axxcess stuff for this show if I remember correctly though, so I doubt there's that much missing...

They usually inject loads of stuff rfom the Mania fan axxcess stuff for this show if I remember correctly though, so I doubt there's that much missing...

Christian is missing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Cole/Lawler rivalry isn't just the best built feud for Wrestlemania, it's the best I've seen a good while.
    It's madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

no whc champion edge or del rio or christian promos or match :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

no whc champion edge or del rio or christian promos or match :confused:

They will have video packages for it I reckon.

Advertisement