Pregnancy Book - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-03-2011, 10:27   #1
velvet68

Pregnancy Book

Hi, my friend just found out that she is pregnant with her first child and I wanted to get her a book on pregnancy but there is so many out there. Can anyone please recommend a good one.
Advertisement
19-03-2011, 10:48   #2
Morag

What to expect when your expecting.
(3) thanks from:
19-03-2011, 14:54   #3
Cat Melodeon

The Better Birth Book by Tracy Donegan and What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. The first one is great for information about being pregnant in Ireland, the second is brilliant for a month by month breakdown of what's going on with your body/your baby and is essential for any parent-to-be (imo).

I really didn't like the Irish Pregnancy Book by Peter Boylan - way too much 'do exactly what your consultant says' scaremongering in it.
Thanks from:
19-03-2011, 20:39   #4
velvet68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Melodeon View Post
The Better Birth Book by Tracy Donegan and What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. The first one is great for information about being pregnant in Ireland, the second is brilliant for a month by month breakdown of what's going on with your body/your baby and is essential for any parent-to-be (imo).

I really didn't like the Irish Pregnancy Book by Peter Boylan - way too much 'do exactly what your consultant says' scaremongering in it.

Thanks a Million for all your help
19-03-2011, 21:45   #5
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Melodeon View Post

Tracy is actually a regular poster here.

I second what to expect when you're expecting
Advertisement
24-03-2011, 09:06   #6
velvet68

I got the book and she loves it thanks a million for your help.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion