Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEBRA Ireland Wicklow mountains Half marathon

Options
  • 18-03-2011 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Is anybody planning on doing this race next Sunday? I've just signed but I'm not familiar with the trail and wondered if anyone did it last year and what we can expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Rinker wrote: »
    Is anybody planning on doing this race next Sunday? I've just signed but I'm not familiar with the trail and wondered if anyone did it last year and what we can expect?

Thread here from last year, including a race report. Same route this year as last year. Great route. Cold starting off and wet underfoot in parts. Coming down into Glendalough was a highlight. Save a bit in the tank for the uphill towards Brockagh out of Glendalough. Good luck.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055805005&highlight=Debra+Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Supposed to be a great race.

However, I heard it attracts a real low quality field and therefore is very easy to bag a win. Last year's winner was a total chancer.*

* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65012996&postcount=150

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mymojo

Wohoo go slogger jogger! I didn't know u won that before...well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Yeah looking forward to a run in the hills tomorrow, for a great cause too!

Hope the rain stops for you. It could be soft going otherwise.

• Advertisement

Yeah, fingers crossed. Forecast is ok! Will you be along to defend your crown?

iamjenko wrote: »
    Yeah, fingers crossed. Forecast is ok! Will you be along to defend your crown?

How'd it go? I'm not running at the moment through injury...

Really enjoyed it! Tough enough course but it was a lovely run and beautiful weather! Came in in 1.53 and was happy with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

great race today. nursing some tired legs and sunburnt forehead this evening. I really enjoyed the route which was especially beautiful in the glorious sunshine. Have results been posted anywhere yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Rinker wrote: »
    ... Have results been posted anywhere yet?

I believe they will be up here soon...
    https://www.debraireland.org/events/event-item/?guid=e530ff91-1892-48dc-b071-f888886afbd3

Great run yesterday, very well organised and excellent route, being handed a bottle of water as you cross the finish line and free tea and scones were a great touch, thanks to all involved and see you there again next year!

Ps:Hope the blisters heal in time for the IMRA 25K on saturday ;o)

Pps: Any race pictures anyone??

ppps: Go Team!

• Advertisement
Advertisement