Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Art

Options
  • 17-03-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

I was out doing many laps of the Phoenix Park a while ago and I got thinking about making pictures with GPS routes or writing things. Has anyone ever given it a go? As I expected, lots of other people have thought of it before (googled it when I got home!) and I'm including some examples below. Anyways has anyone on here ever tried it? It'd be interesting to see what could be written by picking a route around the streets of an Irish town/city, or more impressively if you could find a large route that actually drew a picture or wrote something. To start with I made an attempt at writing a "g0g" on today's cycle :) on one of the football pitches in the Phoenix Park, although you have to zoom in to see it and it's a bit pants!
    g0ga.jpg

Anyone else ever given it a go? Would be interested to see attempts!!

Here are some examples I found on tinternet!

pers.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn6NVHs9O5tE1gj0Vw004dID-Ps-uwOzwPesyJ7YcjD8RnJAa4gw&t=1
    vegas-dollar_02c.jpg
    LINK
    ANOTHER LINK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Cool idea! Valliant attempt gog. Now I will have to get a gps device so i can track an outline of a giant floppy penis around the coastline of the Ards Peninsula. Getting the frenulum and bell detail will be the tricky bit and may require some offroading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

gOg
    Richard Long has made a very healthy living from his walking routes among other art.. So why not. He takes things he sees and signposts etc and makes a story to go with them.

From spins in the park may grow bigger things;)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

"From spins in the park may grow bigger things"

Clearly ;)
    el tel wrote: »
    Cool idea! Valliant attempt gog. Now I will have to get a gps device so i can track an outline of a giant floppy penis around the coastline of the Ards Peninsula. Getting the frenulum and bell detail will be the tricky bit and may require some offroading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

This is brilliant. I wonder if this could have some other application....

Advertisement