[Robert Harris] Anyone know when the next Cicero novel is due? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-02-2011, 15:57   #1
r3nu4l
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to r3nu4l
[Robert Harris] Anyone know when the next Cicero novel is due?

According to Wikipedia (not the best source in the world) the novels Imperium and Lustrum are part of a Cicero trilogy.

Does anyone have any more info on when the third book is due to appear on the shelves? I can't wait for this as I thoroughly enjoyed the first two novels!
Advertisement
24-02-2011, 18:12   #2
Denerick
Banned

I;m in the same boat, looking forward to its appearance. There was a 2 year gap between Imperium and Lustrum, so I'd imagine the next installment will be another year or so.

Fingers crossed that he doesn't pull a Robert Jordan

(IE, die before the final book in a series...)
(2) thanks from:
24-02-2011, 22:42   #3
Einhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denerick View Post
I;m in the same boat, looking forward to its appearance. There was a 2 year gap between Imperium and Lustrum, so I'd imagine the next installment will be another year or so.

Fingers crossed that he doesn't pull a Robert Jordan

(IE, die before the final book in a series...)
He wouldn't be so selfish!
25-02-2011, 00:12   #4
nompere

Amazon shows that the next book to be published is called "The Fear Index" and it's due in September. Random House list it as a thriller - so it's not the 3rd in the Cicero trilogy.

Wikipedia does say that the 3rd Cicero book is to be published in 2011 - so after September, anyway.

Harris is only in his early 50s - don't wish his life away! There are lots of books still to come.
25-02-2011, 08:50   #5
r3nu4l
Administrator

Yeah I knew about 'The Fear Index', might be worth a read as I really like a lot of his other books but I'm a huge fan of the Cicero novels and of course Pompeii. Probably because I've visited a lot of ancient Roman sites in Rome and the UK

They are so well written though that they really end up as page-turners, strange for a political thriller based on historical fact

If it'll be released after September then I can see it getting pushed out for the Christmas market...guess it'll be a long wait so.
Advertisement
25-02-2011, 18:11   #6
Sergeant
Closed Account

Really looking forward to this also, even though we know how the story will end. Harris is a great thriller writer.
27-02-2011, 01:42   #7
Gneez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
Really looking forward to this also, even though we know how the story will end. Harris is a great thriller writer.
Disagree, read his book fatherland, was pretty disappointed, it got great reviews but after looking up why he got such great reviews it became apparent he's an ex-journalist and all the people who gave him great reviews were newspapers he's worked with or worked for.
04-03-2011, 04:12   #8
Einhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneez View Post
Disagree, read his book fatherland, was pretty disappointed, it got great reviews but after looking up why he got such great reviews it became apparent he's an ex-journalist and all the people who gave him great reviews were newspapers he's worked with or worked for.
I thought Fatherland was excellent and as far as I know I've never been a journalist...
18-04-2012, 08:45   #9
r3nu4l
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nompere View Post

Wikipedia does say that the 3rd Cicero book is to be published in 2011 - so after September, anyway.
Gravedig I see Wikipedia now says it's due to be published in 2012. I guess we'll just have to wait. I'm really looking forward to this though.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-01-2013, 20:10   #10
r3nu4l
Administrator

Sigh...according to Wikipedia this is due for release this year. I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
In 2003 Harris turned his attention to ancient Rome with his acclaimed Pompeii, yet another international best-seller. He followed this in 2006 with Imperium, the first novel in a trilogy centred on the life of the great Roman orator Cicero. The second novel, Lustrum, was published in October 2009. It was released in February 2010 in the US under the alternate title of Conspirata. The third and final novel is scheduled to be released in 2013.
(2) thanks from:
17-06-2013, 23:50   #11
agentino

Just had a look at his facebook page. A torrent of abuse from people getting no answer as to the Release date. Don't they know "Patience is a virtue" Cicero 57 BC lol
18-06-2013, 14:04   #12
agentino

Just watched a Webcast from Cambridge (his Alumni) where we was a Guest speaker and 2014 at the earliest so no summer reading for us this year. He did admit he has started on it and Tiro is in full cry by now
Thanks from:
20-06-2013, 18:44   #13
Sergeant
Closed Account

I can reveal the ending for a small fee.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion