Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shandon Hotel in Receivership

Options
  • 03-03-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

Went into receivership last week, have found out that receiver will be opening again for easter on the 22nd of April and trying to keep it going as a viable business. (If ya have any voucher - like me - i'd use 'em up quick)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Sad day for the mcglade family but im sure there is plenty more hotels out there with the reciever knocking on there door too someones going to get these hotels and businesses for a song too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Firblog

Don't know the people there, but I have to say I was trying to contact them - phone & email - to purchase another voucher, and got no reply.. if you can't bother to sell you'll not be in business very long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Firblog wrote: »
    Don't know the people there, but I have to say I was trying to contact them - phone & email - to purchase another voucher, and got no reply.. if you can't bother to sell you'll not be in business very long...

I thought the Shandon was a seasonal hotel.... that could have something to do with you not being able to get them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

I'm very fond of the shandon hotel - I really hope it doesn't have to close.

The Shandon spa is the best I have been in. Much better than either the Slieve Donard in Newcastle and Merchant hotel in Belfast. The heated stone slabs are sooooo relaxing.

Also what a spectacular view. I always thought they didn't make enough of it - perfect for a good restaurant.

I'll maybe try to book the spa over easter.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

They had informed customers when closing for Christmas that they would reopen middle of Feb. When they didn't they did not update their phone or website information or answer e mails and just left everything hanging. Poor customer relations but it is a favourite spot of mine. I have a voucher and will use it as soon as possible just in case it goes totally pearshaped.:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement