How can one get permission go to the count centre for the big moment? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-02-2011, 18:46   #1
hatrickpatrick

How can one get permission go to the count centre for the big moment?

Every election year people I know tell me "Man you should head up to the count, you'd love it" (I'm notoriously political amongst people I know )

So this year I thought maybe I'd give it a shot. How does one do this? Do you have to get a ticket, be an official canvasser, or what?
Advertisement
19-02-2011, 18:52   #2
upmeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
Every election year people I know tell me "Man you should head up to the count, you'd love it" (I'm notoriously political amongst people I know )

So this year I thought maybe I'd give it a shot. How does one do this? Do you have to get a ticket, be an official canvasser, or what?
Walk right up there, open the door and step inside the world of vote tallying. I went to Local and European elections count in Meath 2 years ago, you walk straight in, I'm pretty sure it's the same for GE counting.
19-02-2011, 18:56   #3
Victor

Depending on the count centre, you may need an invite, in particular if you want to go along at the start of the day. Later in the day, after some counts are completed, the public might be admitted.

Invites would be available from candidates and would be offered to tally staff first.
19-02-2011, 19:00   #4
mikemac
Closed Account

It's very unlikely but it's possible you'll get stopped at the door in the morning when the counting is going on

Later on when some of the early results are known should be no problem to head in.

You can lift your candidate on your shoulder and give a cheer for the cameras
Give us a wave OP

Last edited by mikemac; 19-02-2011 at 19:02. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion