Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Safe mode on an Opel Astra Radio

• 27-10-2010 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I am after buying an Opel Astra. a 99. The radio comes up on safe mode. There is no manual with the car so I can't get it out of this mode. Is there a way of getting it out of safe mode? Would I have to go to a dealer?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Safe mode usually means that it needs the security code entered to function normally. If you don't have the manual with the security code then I'm afraid you may need to either go to an Opel dealer for it or try searching the net for a free code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I tried to get an Opel code for a friend last year, from my friendly Opel dealership. Apparently the dealership are charged by Opel for the code so it costs around €30!

As far as I'm aware, there is no calculator like with the Fords, so it looks like a trip to the Opel dealership to bend over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Can you find out who sold the car new,They should have a record of the radio code.Same thing happened to me a few years ago,The car had been sold by a Opel garage in Louth.Gave them a ring and got the code there and then,No cost.Depends on the dealer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Agree with above. With most Car makes the supplying main dealer usually stores all this info on computer.
    They will often have the info linked to VIN no. rather than reg. no., so if you do find the original dealer have the VIN (chassis) no. ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 krazyk

I've just been looking through my Vectra Radio Manual to look into a similar problem. It lists the Blaupunkt CAR300 in here and the method of entering the security code is as follows

1. Switch on ignition
    2. Switch off the radio button
    3. Hold the AS button and switch on the radio. The display shows CODE and after 3 seconds shows _ _ _ _
    4. Enter the code in using the radio preset buttons for each character of the code. For example - typing in 0123 would mean pressing preset button 1 once, preset button 2 twice, etc..
    5. Store the code with the AS button. Press the button until a beep is heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 angel23

I have a opel vectra 06 the radio is in safe mode
    I have tried pressing the As button but no
    Lines are cuming up so I can enter a code
    Can anyone help..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Have you first turned on the ignition before attempting to press the AS button

• Registered Users Posts: 3 angel23

yes I truned on ignition before pressing As button, it beeps but no lines show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Your radio is repairable. Look for someone in your area who is known to decode / repair car radios

Advertisement