Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-02-2011, 09:25   #1
ICANN

Aer lingus- paying for seats?

Sorry if this has been done before, can't find anything on it.

I'm trying to check in on aer lingus and it looks like you have to choose your seats but pay for them. I booked my flights at the end of December and there was the option of choosing for seats but why do I have to choose them now, and pay for them??
Advertisement
12-02-2011, 09:41   #2
cailinoBAC

Unless things have changed in the last few months you don't have to choose your seats. As soon as you've finished your booking that page comes up but you don't have to do anything about it. Have you already given your cc details and paid?
12-02-2011, 15:13   #3
finbarrk

Don't bother choosing them now. It's just another way of trying to get more €s off you.
12-02-2011, 15:15   #4
lods

The extra leg room ones cost 10euro , it can be worth it
12-02-2011, 16:16   #5
ICANN

Yeah the seats are booked and all. It's just that I was checking in online for a flight next week and it wouldn't let me progress onto the check in confirmation unless I booked seats-which you have to extra for apparently.
Advertisement
12-02-2011, 16:19   #6
lods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANN View Post
Yeah the seats are booked and all. It's just that I was checking in online for a flight next week and it wouldn't let me progress onto the check in confirmation unless I booked seats-which you have to extra for apparently.
I think tahrs the advanced check in . If you wait till 48 hours before the fight it's free
12-02-2011, 16:20   #7
ICANN

I'm just looking there again and it was the advance check in I was trying to do whereas the other option is just normal web check in (available 30 hours before you fly) so it must be a new money making thing they're doing.
12-02-2011, 16:21   #8
Jumpy

Its misleading. You do NOT have to pay for seats. Your ticket is already booked by the time that you get to that window.

You select them at check in. However someone who paid for them gets first preference obviously.
12-02-2011, 19:13   #9
BuffyBot
Administrator

You can only use advanced check in if you've paid for a seat. Otherwise you will be a) requested to pay or b) have to wait until normal online check-in opens the day before your flight.
Advertisement
12-02-2011, 19:24   #10
Outkast_IRE

whats the story with luggage bags if you do the online check in , do you still bring them to the counter?
12-02-2011, 20:15   #11
undo

Send a message via ICQ to undo Send a message via MSN to undo Send a message via Skype™ to undo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast_IRE View Post
whats the story with luggage bags if you do the online check in , do you still bring them to the counter?
Yes. Back in the T1 days, there were separate counters for those checking in and those dropping off bags only. The arrangement is probably the same in T2 now.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion