Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone had experience working with La Creme?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

They are a recruitment company in Dublin. I was supposed to have an interview with them, but it was canceled at the last minute due to being "double booked". I think that's in poor taste, as I was more than half way there. I even offered to wait around or somewhere else until the other interview was over, but was asked to reschedule it. The recruiter said she'd call me back to reschedule this morning, but has failed to do so. I have a call in to her now, but am a little concerned about the way they conduct business.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup! If they're anything like the crowd in Cork, they're an absolute shower of ****e!:D

Very unprofessional in their approach, lie about jobs (that is to say, they don't exist), never call you back, never take your calls either. Looking on their website for jobs is a joke as most of the links are broken. Hays are another of the agencies I can't stand either.

Trouble is, we're reliant on these vermin therefore we have no choice but to jump through their ridiculous hoops knowing full well nothing will come of it.

If anyone knows of a good PROFESSIONAL recruitment agency that knows their stuff, the ability to tell the truth and has good people skills then I'm all ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

When you say "working with" La Creme, do you mean working for them or do you mean they are going to send your CV to a company on your behalf?

If it's the latter, they are the same as every other agency: they don't really do anything except e-mail your CV to employers and then take a huge fee for it...

When you say "working with" La Creme, do you mean working for them or do you mean they are going to send your CV to a company on your behalf?

If it's the latter, they are the same as every other agency: they don't really do anything except e-mail your CV to employers and then take a huge fee for it...

Looking at the OP's post I took it to mean they'd got the interview to register. I doubt even La Creme would be that unprofessional when interviewing candidates to work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Looking at the OP's post I took it to mean they'd got the interview to register. I doubt even La Creme would be that unprofessional when interviewing candidates to work for them.

What happened was this: I was called on Monday to setup an interview today, with La Creme regarding a job I applied for on jobs.ie. They called me on my way to the interview this morning and canceled it when I was half way there, approx. 50 mins before the scheduled interview time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 popcorn1986

I am temping with them and think they are the business, really professional always available to take my calls.

• Advertisement

I am temping with them and think they are the business, really professional always available to take my calls.
    Huh. Just curious, but you must be from here, right?

I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't ever find work here since I'm not from here, even though I have every legal right to live and work here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yup! If they're anything like the crowd in Cork, they're an absolute shower of ****e!:D

Very unprofessional in their approach, lie about jobs (that is to say, they don't exist), never call you back, never take your calls either. Looking on their website for jobs is a joke as most of the links are broken. Hays are another of the agencies I can't stand either.

Trouble is, we're reliant on these vermin therefore we have no choice but to jump through their ridiculous hoops knowing full well nothing will come of it.

+1 on the Cork crowd. I feel like I could have written that post myself! In their 'defence' though my sister gets a lot of work through them but imo they're terrible to deal with. Recruitment consultants are the worst kind of salespeople.

I think that's an ignorant statement to make, I'm American and have lots of friends of all nationalities working with them. They're only one company and can't help everyone

It feels like I've gotten the same kind of response from many staffing companies, not only La Creme. I'm having a professional agency read over my resume now to determine if there's anything wrong with it, and I've signed up for online interview assistance tutelage to see if there's something I'm saying wrong, but I do honestly think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't sound Irish. I sound very southern, but not at all unprofessional. And I'm just trying to get a grasp on why I'm not getting any response back from them.

It feels like I've gotten the same kind of response from many staffing companies, not only La Creme. I'm having a professional agency read over my resume now to determine if there's anything wrong with it, and I've signed up for online interview assistance tutelage to see if there's something I'm saying wrong, but I do honestly think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't sound Irish. I sound very southern, but not at all unprofessional. And I'm just trying to get a grasp on why I'm not getting any response back from them.

Yeah - been there, done that, got the t-shirt...:pac:

Originally Posted by popcorn1986 viewpost.gif
    I think that's an ignorant statement to make, I'm American and have lots of friends of all nationalities working with them. They're only one company and can't help everyone

Yes - we are well aware La Creme, are only one company and can't help everyone. We get that! But how can so many people - not just on this thread and Boards.ie come up with the same conclusion??

But it's equally ignorant to put down someone simply for stating their views...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hello folks

La Créme have been in touch with us about this thread and have agreed to have a representative on to answer any questions or clarify any issues there may be. Ann will only be dealing with La Créme related issues.

Needless to say, personal abuse will absolutely not be tolerated.

Thanks

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 La Creme: Ann

As a Director of la creme, I appreciate all the feedback in this discussion thread and take it very seriously. At la creme we are very keen to hear directly from anybody who is unhappy about their experience with us to see how we can resolve your issue.

If you would like to discuss this further or to continue your job search with la creme, please email dublin@lacreme.ie or cork@lacreme.ie with the best telephone number for us to get back to you.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Hi Ann

It is encouraging to read that you are interested in our comments. Hopefully, this will be taken seriously. I have just looked at the website for the first time in ages. It's better presented and looks as though the links actually work this time...

Are the same personnel still in the Cork office?

Please drop us an email to cork@lacreme.ie with your phone number.

I am also encouraged by an admin coming here to answer our questions.

Ann, will you comment on the original post? Is this just an unfortunate happening, or do things like these happen often? Do you agree that it was less than professional?

I am also encouraged by an admin coming here to answer our questions.

Ann, will you comment on the original post? Is this just an unfortunate happening, or do things like these happen often? Do you agree that it was less than professional?
    Bump! Ann, are you still here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I worked for La Creme for approx 9 months in 2006 as a temp, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Professionally handled by my contact in the Cork office and lots of work came my way.

However, I appreciate that there may be different experiences if you are actively seeking recruitment via La Creme.

Please drop me an email to dublin@lacreme.ie with your phone number and I will call you to discuss further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Ann,

The purposes of boards.ie is mainly for public discussion. Can you answer icywind1980's question here?

Please drop me an email to dublin@lacreme.ie with your phone number and I will call you to discuss further.

You told me this too. I am still waiting for you to call one week later...

• Advertisement

Dermo wrote: »
    Ann,

The purposes of boards.ie is mainly for public discussion. Can you answer icywind1980's question here?

Thank you Dermo. I was going to reply with the same request. I believe this subject matter should be discussed publicly and respectfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

For what it's worth, we'd also be of the same opinion and it's why we invited La Creme on in the first place.

I'll drop Ann a line and see what happens.

Darragh wrote: »
    For what it's worth, we'd also be of the same opinion and it's why we invited La Creme on in the first place.

I'll drop Ann a line and see what happens.

With all due respect, I do not believe La Creme will ever answer any questions, either here on Boards.ie or in private. I had a feeling this would happen.

Just keep plugging away, and I'm sure something will turn up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 snooper

this is becoming an epic PR fail for them!

snooper wrote: »
    this is becoming an epic PR fail for them!

Agreed. @ Darragh- Has La creme gotten back in touch with you yet?

Yup....Clearly PR is not high on their list of priorities! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wow, I'd expect more from the Director of a company tbh. I think Ann needs to seek advice regarding customer satisfaction from Declan over in the PC World/Currys forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

As a Director of la creme, I appreciate all the feedback in this discussion thread and take it very seriously. At la creme we are very keen to hear directly from anybody who is unhappy about their experience with us to see how we can resolve your issue.

If you would like to discuss this further or to continue your job search with la creme, please email dublin@lacreme.ie or cork@lacreme.ie with the best telephone number for us to get back to you.

Kind Regards,

Ann
    Please drop us an email to cork@lacreme.ie with your phone number.

Well played! The poor perception of your company has been justified due to the fact that you're incapable of returning an email or phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Applied for a position with this helpful little agency in Cork recently and a few days later gave them a follow up call to check the status of my application. Girl on the phone told me 'oh that's no problem at all just give me your mobile number and I'll find out and get straight back to you'. That was two weeks ago. They don't give a sh*te.

• Advertisement

Dear members,

We do appreciate all your feedback on this issue, and would like to clarify that we can't go into detail about individuals' situations on this forum due to client and candidate confidentiality; it is company policy never to comment publicly on matters concerning clients and candidates. We do want to resolve any issues that you may have with la creme, and to do this, we will need details of your name, appointment details and the exact circumstance, which we have asked for by email to: dublin@lacreme.ie or cork@lacreme.ie. We will contact you once we have your telephone number to resolve your issue.

Specifically in response to ABajanin, we haven't received your email and would urge you to re-send or to call us on 00353 (0) 1 432 1500 and ask for me directly referencing boards.ie.

I hope you understand that this is the best way for us to help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement