Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 18/1 19:15 Wes2 -vs- Fabulous Benedictine Monks

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran -in
    Dave B - in
    Ronan D - in
    Gary - in
    Eamonn -in
    Kenny -in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto - in

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Massive game.
    I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

In

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Everyone in, excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

3-0 win, another excellent performance lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Great Performance guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Lads, the most important thing I want to say is: I'm proud to be a part of this team.

The main reason for that is we're a proper team: everyone plays for the team, supports each other, provides constructive observations to work on and everyone works hard for the team. To create a squad of 16 lads all with those objectives in mind is a fine achievement in itself, but it gives us an opportunity to really push on from here.

Our second goal is a great example: on most teams, a lad in Conor's position would have been picturing his name in lights, but Conor laid it off for a well-taken tap in for Anto. As I said recently at the match and on here: great things can happen when noone cares who gets the credit. The name on the trophy we're striving for will say Boardeaux (even if we have to engrave it ourselves :)).

3 clean sheets in a row thanks to some great saves by Clay and some really purposeful defending. At 2-0 up they had a goalmouth scramble that was cleared when goalbound no less than 4 times: that showed the spirit and desire of this team. We went straight down the pitch to score the 3rd from those saves.

We weren't quite clicking first half, but were trying all the right things, but we were patient with each other and kept faith in our approach. It was a bit of a miracle we didn't score in the first 15mins of the 2nd half as we were really putting them under siege. I put the hand up to come off for last 15 as I was short on energy due to not having eaten: in this squad when you look to the bench you see quality so you know in a situation like that, the right thing for the team is to step off. And two quality finishes by Anto just demonstrates that and I was struck by how enjoyable it is to watch our team play our style of football. This team can thrive a few levels up, no doubt about it.

Let's stop all talk of the title: for us to be in this position and be defining success based on whether we finish 1st or 2nd would be aiming too low. Let's not define success based on how we do relative to the other teams: let's set our own standards for ourselves. That involves shooting for every available point, and settling for no less than 15 of the 18 points remaining. You tell me why we can't do that if we focus on playing to our full potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Great win lads and it's clear there's more in the tank. Look forward to next season and I'll be along next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Spot on Jules, spot on.

We've 6 games left and we should be looking to end the season with maximum points. 2 tough games against SS coming.

We've got the second best GD throughout all of the leagues (the best are an ex LOI team) 35 goals scored and 12 conceded and as mentioned everyone has scored except Murtagh:pac: We have 6 times the GD that the monks have and that just shows how good we are as a unit and like last night there have been many times where we defend to the last and then break up the pitch and score.

Lets keep on doing what we're doing and results will look after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ChopperLambe

well done lads once again.
    I spoke to the another ref from last week after our game regarding the injury concerning the roy rovers player last week.
    The ref said he was kept in hospital over night and released the next day he will be fine but when in hospital they noticed he fractured his ankle when falling to the ground. :eek:
    One game at a time .......

Advertisement