Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Meet-Up, Ideas for venue?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, since it's been a long while since the last Parenting forum meet up and a year since our first one, smccarrick mentioned that it would be a good time to do it all again!

Everybody is welcome, parents, babies, toddlers, children and parents to be!

Our first was held in the restaurant in Debenhams and while fun, was a bit squashed! The second was in the zoo during the summer, and while I didn't attend it looked like a fun day! But, as this is Ireland and still winter it may be a good idea to have it indoors!

So, any suggestions??

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

C'mon down to Galway lads.

*wishful thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If we could all stay in your house that'd be brilliant haha! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

you should check out panda play centre in terenure, looks brilliant. pandaplaycafe.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Das Kitty wrote: »
    C'mon down to Galway lads.

*wishful thinking

No reason why there can't be one in Galway too on the same day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I still have not come up with a venue despite thinknig hard about it.
    Some where near the city centre for those that rely on public transport..Somewhere with space for our toddlers and buggies.
    Are there any play centres or fun centres around the city centre or on the dart line not too far out?

I googled a bit -

http://www.rattleandrollclub.com/
    http://www.imaginosity.ie/imaginosity/index.php (maybe a bit far out but think it is near the luas)
    http://www.ark.ie/
    http://www.fortlucan.com (still have christmas site up)

It is a bit cold for a trip to the beach or an other outdoor pursuit.
    The zoo is again an option;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd suggest scrubbing imaginosity from the list- I nearly lost a nephew down a stairs there. Its great fun- but they have stairs hidden in weird places, and no safety gates etc...... There is also an issue with actually getting into or out of the place (particularly if you use the underground carpark)- when we were there all the lifts were out. It was fun, and if you've eyes like a hawk, I'd recommend it, but its not somewhere I'd go back to in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Thaedydal wrote: »
    No reason why there can't be one in Galway too on the same day.
    Great idea!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Great idea!

Recently visited playcentre in coolmine http://www.gokidsgo.ie/ . Was great and there is a coffee shop and free parking.
    Only problem the public transport isn't great and I'd imagine it would be fairly busy on a weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

amiable wrote: »
    Great idea!!!!

Where'll we go amiable? Bushing down the Sp'arch? ;)

I have a 1yo by the way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

eimsRV wrote: »
    Great idea!

Recently visited playcentre in coolmine http://www.gokidsgo.ie/ . Was great and there is a coffee shop and free parking.
    Only problem the public transport isn't great and I'd imagine it would be fairly busy on a weekend.

We could do Coolmine too,there is a lovely one in Celbridge too but I don't think anyone else here is local:)

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We could do Coolmine too,there is a lovely one in Celbridge too but I don't think anyone else here is local:)

Other than us :D

I could do Coolmine, it's only a 20/30 minute walk from the house... not sure how many others could though... I know wolfpawnat has offered to come to gokidsgo with me before but it's a trek from where she is... I could possibly get Dave to pick her and her little man up though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Depending on the day I could pop into the one in Coolmine also, my youngest has been looking for an excuse to go back before she is too old for the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Make it a reasonable hour and I can get to your house or something Jan. Then on from there if needs be! But other than that I can try and get buses. If it is a Sunday it is more difficult with those of us using buses! So a Saturday IF possible, if not, I would suffer happily for a chance to see everyone again!!!!:D

A weekday after 12:30 or a Saturday suits us.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Saturday would be the best for us (or my husband would have to take a day/half day off work).

Anybody any more ideas??

We can of course have more then one, so how about Saturday week in Coolmine?

I'll go for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

We can of course have more then one, so how about Saturday week in Coolmine?

How can I get there from the city centre??? :D

• Advertisement

Get the 39 from Aston Quay and then I'll meet you at the nearest bus stop :)

Presuming its Saturday the 5th you have in mind, unfortunately we will be unable to make it. I hope you all have a good day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

and me! LOL

We can have another Celbridge one too;)
    Any day suits me and my girls once it is after 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Hopefully baby Oisin and I will make it to the next one. I'm too tired and he's to small for this one.

how about the 12th,if that suits more people?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

12th would be great for us - baby Shane has grown a bit as has the bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Hi all,
    Anyone around to meet up tomorrow??

E

I'm there :D What time suits everybody?

• Advertisement

Where abouts in Coolmine too?

Advertisement