Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how to change the odometer reading from miles to kilometres?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just want to know how to change the odometer reading from miles to kilometers in SEAT Altea?

I been asking in Seat Dealer, but they switching stupid face and pretending they don't understand anything, and when i asked where i can find out or whom to call to find out, they just sad: we don't know.. and end of story.
    Super service, right..total I****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id say its only possible with VAGCOM diagnostic computer. Ive my audi changed the opposite direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Right...

It needs to be done by computer with VAG Com if you have the standard display. I *think* there is an option to do this in the larger multifunction display that you get with factory bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

divide by 5 and multiply by 8 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 freakgirl

mickdw wrote: »
    Id say its only possible with VAGCOM diagnostic computer. Ive my audi changed the opposite direction.
    Where did you go to change it, mickdw? Audi is VW group car, the same as Seat, Did you change it in official service, or somewhere else?

EPM wrote: »
    Right...

It needs to be done by computer with VAG Com if you have the standard display. I *think* there is an option to do this in the larger multifunction display that you get with factory bluetooth.
    My hubby, dowloading that vagcom soft.., shouldnt be so complicated to do DIY, will see hoe it goes, just need to get some softwear drivers first.

• Advertisement

divide by 5 and multiply by 8 :D
    Hahahah very funny :D ,just dont want to do every time when i have to know how much i driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Surely it should be in the owners' manual how to switch it from miles to kilometres?

Most of the modern German cars allow you to alter the mileage,fuel consumption etc readings between miles and kilometres, even with kph speedometers. I don't see why a Seat (being a VW in drag) should be any different.

I have to say if I could switch the odometer in my car, I'd be doing the opposite - it's confusing having the distance to empty in miles and the trip meter and mileometer in kms - though it's much easier to convert kms to miles than to covert l/100 km to mpg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Surely it should be in the owners' manual how to switch it from miles to kilometres?

Most of the modern German cars allow you to alter the mileage,fuel consumption etc readings between miles and kilometres, even with kph speedometers. I don't see why a Seat (being a VW in drag) should be any different.

I have to say if I could switch the odometer in my car, I'd be doing the opposite - it's confusing having the distance to empty in miles and the trip meter and mileometer in kms - though it's much easier to convert kms to miles than to covert l/100 km to mpg!

If it's the standard display it has to be done by the garage. I have the same one in my Leon and I'd agree with you - miles are still stuck in my head. Fine with distance but I don't give a toss how many litres per 100km I use. MPG FTW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

freakgirl wrote: »
    Where did you go to change it, mickdw? Audi is VW group car, the same as Seat, Did you change it in official service, or somewhere else?

Mine has the option in the display but as someone else said, yours would be unlikely to have this option.
    I have VAGCOM also and anyone with vagcom shoud certainly sort it out for you. The dealers make me sick tbh with their attitude to this kind of stuff. They couldnt wouldnt even reset my car properly onto flexi service.
    If you go into the motor tech forum here, you might well find someone close by with vagcom (if you dont end up doing it yourself)

Edit: Try this: Ignition on, then hold trip button, ignition off, still hold trip button until miles turn into km - works on seat alhambra.

Advertisement