Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

^^^^were you on the loo when you took this??!!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Haha thats not the first time iv had that. No this was right after the first cleaning i gave it, the best light i had was the bathroom because photo was taken off my Iphone.

Should probably just remove that part haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

I understand!! just curious....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cindy.4356

Wow!!! alot of nice design and graphic tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Here are 4 of my tattoos. I havent taken a pic yet of the 5th. But will do soon. :D

photo.php?fbid=63303265056&set=a.63299595056.125431.715020056
    photo.php?fbid=63303265056&set=a.63299595056.125431.715020056
    n715020056_3267564_5233.jpg
    n715020056_4368245_6368.jpg

n715020056_4368283_8277.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

that cub is very nice who done it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

that cub is very nice who done it for you?

Thank you she is my favourite. I cant remember his name unfortunatley but it was in Zulu, he is extremely handsome and I think he may have been south African??
    I'm sorry I really can't remember. But he was brilliant. Really nice man, the tattoo was done so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 josak

tatjbeg.jpg

A bamboo tattoo I got done in Thailand. I have a harp (using the gun) on my left shoulder but it's started to fade a bit. This one is still very sharp and clear. If i have a chance I'll go with the bamboo again I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 18 delboi101

josak wrote: »
    tatjbeg.jpg

A bamboo tattoo I got done in Thailand. I have a harp (using the gun) on my left shoulder but it's started to fade a bit. This one is still very sharp and clear. If i have a chance I'll go with the bamboo again I reckon

Class tattoo man. Whats the Bamboo like compared to the gun in terms of pain, length of time and price? - I'll be going over there in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 josak

delboi101 wrote: »
    Class tattoo man. Whats the Bamboo like compared to the gun in terms of pain, length of time and price? - I'll be going over there in a few months.

That one took about 7 hours all up. It's a lot slower than a gun and a bit more expensive but in Thailand 'expensive' is still cheap compared to here.

Pain-wise it's pretty comfortable. It doesn't draw blood so drinking alcohol doesn't affect it so if you do feel it too much have a naggin of rum handy! Bamboo doesn't work for solid colouring, just fine lines and shading. I think you can use other colours apart from black aswell. It's a deeper technique than the gun so it's sharper and doesn't fade as quickly (some people reckon they fade quicker but mine is still the same) Also they don't blister and after a day or two it's fit for sea and sun!

I'm not an expert on this stuff so I could be wrong about some of the details but this is my experience and I'd definitely reccomend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 delboi101

josak wrote: »
    That one took about 7 hours all up. It's a lot slower than a gun and a bit more expensive but in Thailand 'expensive' is still cheap compared to here.

Pain-wise it's pretty comfortable. It doesn't draw blood so drinking alcohol doesn't affect it so if you do feel it too much have a naggin of rum handy! Bamboo doesn't work for solid colouring, just fine lines and shading. I think you can use other colours apart from black aswell. It's a deeper technique than the gun so it's sharper and doesn't fade as quickly (some people reckon they fade quicker but mine is still the same) Also they don't blister and after a day or two it's fit for sea and sun!

I'm not an expert on this stuff so I could be wrong about some of the details but this is my experience and I'd definitely reccomend it

Cheers for the response man, I'll look in to getting one when I go travellin in Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

FPm7w.jpg

This was done yesterday, hurt like a motherbetch too...

Ribs...not my brightest moment...

It reads "There are few who can foresee where their path will lead them, until they reach its end" in Elvish cos I'm a nerd like that. Specifically its Tengwar Annatar Italic, the script on the One Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

baldshin wrote: »
    My latest, based on artwork from In Flames album "Reroute to Remain". All finished bar one or two tiny bits of shadings, 2 months in the making!

5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png

Got a small bit extra done to fill in some spaces with cloud, and also added the star at the top recently.

SAM_0594.jpg
    SAM_0597.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

So many amazing tattoos posted lately! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

FINALLLLLLY got the one i've wanted for so long started today (or yesterday look at the time)
    T'was my birthday last sunday and the missus paid to get my new one.

4 hours in and maybe another 4 or more to finish.
    Will post pics of it so far later on
    Done by Rob in colourworks

Here's the original painting by Joe Scarano

400_bigape.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

as my post above

Pic taken after first wash about 10 mins ago.
    was taken in the mirror so looks opposite to above pic.
    A lot more work to be done to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

got this done yesterday ,
    i like the maori style and like the dragons , so got this one done
    dont mind the crack :D

newtattoo-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

That looks like ALOT of cream!

Adiboo wrote: »
    That looks like ALOT of cream!

yeh there was a fair bit put on it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Don't put that much on man!

Use a very thin layer!

• Advertisement

Don't put that much on man!

Use a very thin layer!

thats what i would of done but i got somebody to put it on for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

antocann wrote: »
    thats what i would of done but i got somebody to put it on for me

what kind of cream is it btw?

Unless you put only a thin layer of cream on it you will end up regretting it.(Trust me I've done it a few different ways over the years). The tattoo wont heal well and you'll end up going back in for a major touch up until you do eventually look after it right.

The cream should not even be visible on your body. A thin layer of bepanthen works best.

using bepanthen
    tnx for the advice ,

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

i use Tattoo Goo, specifically designed for tattoo's, its best not use the likes of savlon .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

inkivaari2 wrote: »
    FPm7w.jpg

This was done yesterday, hurt like a motherbetch too...

Ribs...not my brightest moment...

It reads "There are few who can foresee where their path will lead them, until they reach its end" in Elvish cos I'm a nerd like that. Specifically its Tengwar Annatar Italic, the script on the One Ring.

That is awesome. If that was my tattoo though, I'd forget what it said in about a week :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ineedanswer

sorry im asking because it seems like yeee have some experience. Im thinkin of getting a tattoo done but im only 16.. (although i could prob pass for 18 easy enough) iv put a lot of thought into what i want but is there any way i would be able to get it done well, and the way I want it if i dont have permission from a guardian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

sorry im asking because it seems like yeee have some experience. Im thinkin of getting a tattoo done but im only 16.. (although i could prob pass for 18 easy enough) iv put a lot of thought into what i want but is there any way i would be able to get it done well, and the way I want it if i dont have permission from a guardian ?

You wont find a reputable artist that would be willing to tattoo a 16 year old. If you find an artist to do it, it's a sure sign to avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

I don't want to sound preachy, but I'd wait if I were you. I had a tattoo done when I was 16, and although I don't regret it, per se, I do wish I had waited, because its not as good as it could have been. My advice, wait it out, you'll be glad ya did :) Hope this helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ChaziiBabii

Hey Could Any Of You Give Me The Number For Poison Ink In Bray...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

inkivaari2 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound preachy, but I'd wait if I were you. I had a tattoo done when I was 16, and although I don't regret it, per se, I do wish I had waited, because its not as good as it could have been. My advice, wait it out, you'll be glad ya did :) Hope this helps :D

I would have to agree with that, take a bit more time ..be 100% of what you want and where you want it,especially if you want to have more in the future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement