Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newfoundland breeders?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I've wanted to get a newfoundland dog for a long time but was never in a position to get one, due to work commitments and my living situation. I'll be starting my new job up the north in about 6 months, so that means I'll finally be living somewhere with a suitably sized garden and will have enough free time to spend with a dog. I know its not for a while but I figure it couldn't hurt to start researching now.

I'm wondering if anyone here could recommend some breeders to me that would be worth getting in touch with? I'd be particularly interested in UK based breeders as I've heard many Irish ones aren't the best. If any of them are known for breeding particularly large Newfoundlands that'd be a bonus :D(I know all newfs are big but you know what I mean), but my priority is of course getting a happy healthy dog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I highly recommend this breeder.

http://uknewfoundlands.info/profile.asp?DogID=119

This dog is amazing and is going over to the USA this week to the Eukanuba finals representing the UK.

If you can get a puppy from this breeder you will be very lucky as his dogs are amazing, but there is probably a waiting list but well worth the wait!!

Maybe contact the club too as they might know of some pups.
    http://www.newfoundlandclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

i got fred from malcolm and lillian barber of tynebears newfoundlands in newcastle, he has absolutely amazing dogs, fred is 16 weeks old and weighed in at a solid 4 stone, 3 and a half of which is fur

http://www.newfoundland-puppies.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zonny

Cheers guys I'll get in touch with those people during the week and see if they'll be having any pups in the next 6 months or so or if they know of anyone having pups that they'd recommend

Anyone else here get a newf from a breeder they'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Try the Emerald Isle Newfie Club:

http://www.emeraldislenfc.ie/

They can recommend a breeder to you in the UK.

Go to the UK - don't get a Newfie here, there's no proper regulation for breeders over here to carry out health checks, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sral1

There is a open dog show on Sunday in the IKC center Cloughran, where part of the show is the Newfoundland club open breed show.:):):)
    zonny wrote: »
    I've wanted to get a newfoundland dog for a long time but was never in a position to get one, due to work commitments and my living situation. I'll be starting my new job up the north in about 6 months, so that means I'll finally be living somewhere with a suitably sized garden and will have enough free time to spend with a dog. I know its not for a while but I figure it couldn't hurt to start researching now.

I'm wondering if anyone here could recommend some breeders to me that would be worth getting in touch with? I'd be particularly interested in UK based breeders as I've heard many Irish ones aren't the best. If any of them are known for breeding particularly large Newfoundlands that'd be a bonus :D(I know all newfs are big but you know what I mean), but my priority is of course getting a happy healthy dog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zonny

sral1 wrote: »
    There is a open dog show on Sunday in the IKC center Cloughran, where part of the show is the Newfoundland club open breed show.:):):)

Thanks for the tip off :D! What time will it be on at? I've got work commitments this weekend so I may or may not be able to make it :(

If I can't make it would you know if theres going to be anything like it on in the near future?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

zonny wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip off :D! What time will it be on at? I've got work commitments this weekend so I may or may not be able to make it :(

If I can't make it would you know if theres going to be anything like it on in the near future?

Hi, the show on sunday starts at 12 but the Newfies wont be on for a while as there are other breeds on before them.
    Theres another big show on at Christmas, 27th November in the same place, and again it has all breeds at it but you can go and chat to the newfie people if you like. My friend is showing her newfie at both shows.

Advertisement