Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disrespect of the gardai

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

IK09 wrote: »
    ya rang them when my car got broken into, they drank my tea and left....i felt so safe

Put yourself in their shoes.

You have them on?

Ok, what would you do if someone phoned you up and said - "Someone broke into my car"?

My car got broke into - My wallet and SatNav was stolen. I never rang the guards because I knew there was little or nothing they could do.

What you would like them to do and what you want them to do are 2 completely different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

TheZohan wrote: »
    1 Garda =/= all Gardai

However in the case of this motorbike garda there should be an investigation.

Exactly. There's no sense in defending one bad apple for the sake of upholding the good names of all other Gardai.. that's just as silly as using the actions of that one bad apple to define all other members of AGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The action of the garda was "pre-emptive" ffs what bloody land are you living in. "pre-emptive attacks" are the calling card of George W Bush

No it wasn't.

If I had been that cop I would have left O'Snodaigh with a row of clean gums.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Surfsmurf

Try this at the white house, you can put "the gate was open" on your headstone :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

hondasam wrote: »
    I knew you would ring them ! point proven

ya kinda thought that was what you were supposed when that happened, you know, as a civilian. The real question there is what are they supposed to do when that happens.....im pretty sure its not have a sit down and drink some tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No it wasn't.

If I had been that cop I would have left O'Snodaigh with a row of clean gums.

And you'd be tossed out of the force as a thug, and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

.im pretty sure its not have a sit down and drink some tea

You offered them tea while they took the details, yes?

What did you expect them to do, call out the Garda helicopter to go after your CD player?

Some people watch far too much TV.

If you didn't want them to drink their tea then why did you offer it?

Oh wait! Did the cops baton charge your house and force you to make them a cuppa? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hello,

I am disgusted by the level of disrespect shown by the gardai to Irish civilians during protests.

They were well able to catch a cold when it was theyre wages that would be cut
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0S_TT5GAvo&feature=player_embedded

I felt like ripping the head off this scumbag garda

Don't worry OP, its well established that boards is made up of mostly pencil pushing girly men, You know the type loud as a motor bike
    But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. Well come budget day real Irish men and women will be peacefully protesting against how incompetent and corrupt our goverment is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

ya kinda thought that was what you were supposed when that happened, you know, as a civilian. The real question there is what are they supposed to do when that happens.....im pretty sure its not have a sit down and drink some tea

everyone bitches about the gardai until the need them, dont offer them tea in future.

I thought the only drank coffee !

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Don't worry OP, its well established that boards is made up of mostly pencil pushing girly men, You know the type loud as a motor bike
    But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. Well come budget day real Irish men and women will be peacefully protesting against how incompetent and corrupt our goverment is!

Just because I dont thrown Mars bars at people when things don't go my way does not mean I'm not a real man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Nodin wrote: »
    And you'd be tossed out of the force as a thug, and rightly so.

Maybe, but you'd never have to buy yourself a pint again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Yesterday's protest showed how the gardaí are inadequately trained to deal with a protest,
    i think some gardaí need anger management

the poor man protesting on sunday who was drageed to the ground, did anyone see that on BBC

Are our nation's teabags safe from the Gardai is the serious point that this thread has raised I think.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Yesterday's protest showed how the gardaí are inadequately trained to deal with a protest,
    i think some gardaí need anger management

the poor man protesting on sunday who was drageed to the ground, did anyone see that on BBC

The poor man indeed, if protests remained calm and peaceful there would be no need for a high garda presence.

And il be there believe me, the question is will I be treated as a common thug because im attending a protest!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Where did this tea you keep going on about come from? Did the guards actually call to your house then barge in with their starbucks and sit in your living room watching the match while you cried in the corner about your stolen goods?

OR

Did they call, take down some details, during which time you asked them if they wanted a cup?

Unless someone is caught red handed breaking into a car there's not much can be done, everyone generally knows who the local thief is but it won't stand up in court, so you just have to wait till a suspect is randomly pulled over a few months later with stolen goods on the back seat...Though of course you'd be the first onto boards.ie then saying how its awful how the guards harrass poor young lads just driving around.

You clearly have a personal problem with the guards that nothing anyone says can change, but just remember it's only polite to respect the organisation that keeps you safe at night (and during the day!), even if you don't respect individual members.

And il be there believe me, the question is will I be treated as a common thug because im attending a protest!!!

Judging by your posts and tone I have a sneaking suspicion you would be one to throw a shoe or two. . . Just my opinion though

not if you dont act like one !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I had to log in again just to laugh at that:rolleyes:

No, the question is if you bring a flask of tea with you for the protest will it be safe from the Gardai?

• Advertisement

it will probably be because you are more than likely a common thug sir

The poor man indeed, if protests remained calm and peaceful there would be no need for a high garda presence.

obviously you didn't see the incident, he was a lone protester and he wasn't violent

Thats the thing you might get a baton to the head or kicked on the ground just for "not being happy with the goverment" so wear some protective gear - I'm going in a padded t-shirt, knee and elbow pads, scrum cap and balaclava.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    No, the question is if you bring a flask of tea with you for the protest will it be safe from the Gardai?

I think the are fond of snack boxes as well :D

just a rumour I heard !

Thats the thing you might get a baton to the head or kicked on the ground just for "not being happy with the goverment" so wear some protective gear - I'm going in a padded t-shirt, knee and elbow pads, scrum cap and balaclava.

Your usual attire so is it?

delta720 wrote: »
    Where did this tea you keep going on about come from? Did the guards actually call to your house then barge in with their starbucks and sit in your living room watching the match while you cried in the corner about your stolen goods?

OR

Did they call, take down some details, during which time you asked them if they wanted a cup?

Unless someone is caught red handed breaking into a car there's not much can be done, everyone generally knows who the local thief is but it won't stand up in court, so you just have to wait till a suspect is randomly pulled over a few months later with stolen goods on the back seat...Though of course you'd be the first onto boards.ie then saying how its awful how the guards harrass poor young lads just driving around.

You clearly have a personal problem with the guards that nothing anyone says can change, but just remember it's only polite to respect the organisation that keeps you safe at night (and during the day!), even if you don't respect individual members.

thanks for the psycho-analysis, but you couldnt be more wrong. I have friends that are gardai, and they wont even talk about this matter. They wont say a word, because they know the guard was wrong, yet ( i could be wrong) but i didnt see this clip on RTE news, its trying to be brushed aside, and more than likely like the government people are trying to change, nothing will be done about it

That won't protect you from anything. All it will do is focus Gardai attention on you because of the connotations balaclavas have.

obviously you didn't see the incident, he was a lone protester and he wasn't violent

obviously you are wrong because I did see it.

we seen a few minutes!

You will be 'cause the gardaí aren't trained for protests, they just inflame the situation

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That won't protect you from anything. All it will do is focus Gardai attention on you because of the connotations balaclavas have.

It's to protect me from the cold - also going to bring gloves and a scarf - It probably be around 5 degrees. Waterproofs could be a possibilty too.

• Advertisement

I have friends that are gardai, and they wont even talk about this matter.

Maybe if you offered them some tea they'd open up a bit.

hondasam, anonoboy and fedor, are ye gardai by any chance?

You will be 'cause the gardaí aren't trained for protests, they just inflame the situation

You really think the gardai are the cause of the problems at the recent protests ! I dont believe you really think that.

hondasam, anonoboy and fedor, are ye gardai by
    any chance?

Damn it

It's to protect me from the cold - also going to bring gloves and a scarf - It probably be around 5 degrees. Waterproofs could be a possibilty too.

Are you talking about a balaclava or a balaclava?

Because if you're wearing the type that covers your face you know it will bring you the wrong sort of attention anywhere but especially at a protest march.

If we are dont call us we will call you !

I just had a crazy thought

you have the makings of a good detective :D

The force need people like you

jesus its like trying to have a debate with a pack of children

Nope. I just think it's funny the way your complaints were at first about all the Gardai, then it was about this one Garda, then it was about Gardai drinking your tea and not getting the boys in the crime lab to run DNA analysis on fibres found in your car when someone broke in to it.

You also seem to think people trying to enter government buildings without permission amounts to a peaceful protest. It doesn't.

Personally I think the Garda was completely over the top in the video but inevitably rushing a Garda blockade will result in physical confrontation and trying to paint people who are doing that as peaceful protesters is just factually inaccurate.

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. You jump around without focussing on one subject and you don't answer direct questions.

• Advertisement

Do you do that often?

Try playing with adults next time ;)

You really think the gardai are the cause of the problems at the recent protests ! I dont believe you really think that.

That Garda was outta control yesterday, the other gardaí did a great job, people where backing up and telling him to calm down but he wouldnt have it, he inflamed the situation

That Garda was outta control yesterday, the other gardaí did a great job, people where backing up and telling him to calm down but he wouldnt have it, he inflamed the situation

Protesters storming the gate inflamed the situation, why couldn't they protest outside?

Not gaurds, just your typical moaners that want somebody else to something about the country and when somebody does something about it then they belittle your effords. Wouldn't worry about them - just go and protest so that the goverment knows people arent happy.

Not gaurds, just your typical moaners that want somebody else to something about the country and when somebody does something about it then they belittle your effords. Wouldn't worry about them - just go and protest so that the goverment knows people arent happy.

:confused:

• Advertisement

You're dead right.

That'll solve it all.

We'll be debt free too by the time you get home from your Mars bar chucking.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Do you do that often?

Why don't you grow up and stop being such a gimp

What are you on about? Where did I belittle anybody's efforts about anything?

You have no idea about me and what I do buddy. The only thing I'm belittling here is Ik09's pathetic debating skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Protesters storming the gate inflamed the situation, why couldn't they protest outside?

Because the wanted to protest inside

:confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement