Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

used gibsons

Options
  • 21-11-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

im in the market for a gibson. looking at a les paul , es 137/135 or maybe if lucky a 335. i've got about 1200 to spend. anyone no any good places other than adverts for used gear , not much up there at the minute in what im looking for.

also i was looking at the new lp studio 50's tribute and have heard good things about it but my question is would i be better waiting for a used standard for that little bit extra the 50's tribute is only 799e. anyone personally played one?

all comments greatly appreciated..

cheers
    slick123

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

Theres a nice Goldtop on Ebay atm: http://cgi.ebay.ie/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Traditional-GOLDTOP-/320620029410?pt=Gitarren&hash=item4aa67165e2

As the for 50's Tributes. I have yet to play one but the general consensus is that they are nice guitars. However, judging by some of the pictures online of 5 piece backs and mismatched woods there's no way I'd by one sight unseen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Backline Boy

Jimi's Music Store in Ballymount, amazing collection of second hand guitars and amps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubdoyle

Jimi's is a Great Spot Alright and Also Guitarfix he has some Cracking Les Pauls at the Moment and a beautiful es-135 i was Playing the other day

Played the 50's Tribute studio in Jimi's a Great Guitar altogether for the Money Played Fantastic and the P90's are Just Sweet but yeah there's alot of wood in there :)

Advertisement