Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill St. Lawrence, airport road

Options
  • 04-11-2010 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Morning,

Can somebody tell me where this is exactly. Is it the newish houses just past Johns park by the roundabout where the new roads are?

Kinda across from johnville FC?

Does anyone know if its a decent place to live?

Thinking about moving there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've only ever been in the place once but was impressed by the quality of the houses. Not many people living out there however, and some parts of the estate aren't finished and look like they never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Thanks adMMM

Yeah took a drive out there. The houses look deadly i must say. Dont know exactly where the one i was looking for was. Didnt have enough time to have a proper scout.

Seems to be grand though. Looks like there are mostly families living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

nice place ,two of the lads live out there with their families,nice and quiet.only empty houses are the ones at the end of the estate,its only like about 8 -10 empty houses in entire estate id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I had the same type house in Tramore by McDonalds too. Know a lad in one of the front houses, no bad reports although the knick knacks arent too far away so get good locks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

wellboy76 wrote: »
    I had the same type house in Tramore by McDonalds too. Know a lad in one of the front houses, no bad reports although the knick knacks arent too far away so get good locks

Uh-oh...you might want to retract that or reword it pretty quickly!

• Advertisement

I wont because I have had 2 very dangerous run ins with them and their stolen plates oner the past short time.

Kill St Lawrence though I will re-itterate is a lovely estate and has no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

gscully wrote: »
    Uh-oh...you might want to retract that or reword it pretty quickly!

To hell with the retraction. He could have used words that really describe them. Knick knack was too soft if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

deisedevil wrote: »
    To hell with the retraction. He could have used words that really describe them. Knick knack was too soft if you ask me.

There is lots of things we would/can/like to call them but its against the rules :)
    If you feel the need to go insulting the travelling community in Waterford, certain areas of Waterford, or certain people in Waterford (Add your own minorities to this list), whether it be using derogatory terms, insults, slurs, or the like, please expect a swift banning from the forum. We will notify you when your ban is to be up.

OP Kill St Lawrence is a grand estate as others have said,my mate lives there and has never had any bother.

I didnt use a derogatory term, did I?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

... give a dog a bone

now that's thrown them off the scent :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

deisedevil wrote: »

Totally agree, but I didn't want to see the chap get banned for saying something most of us agree with.

wellboy76 wrote: »

Yeah, that was one of two reasons id be a bit hesitant..the other, being so far away from town.

Had a look at a house in adelphi key just now. Nice house i have to say. Seems pretty quiet and secure.

Anybody have any opinions on that place? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Damp and too close to the river if your afraid of rats.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Damp and too close to the river if your afraid of rats.

Really? did ya live there yerself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes in 2 apartments, they are closer to the river than the houses.

This was about 2001. The apartments had balcony and both had damp and mold around the doors, in the bathrooms and in the bedrooms facing the river.

The rats were mostly near the small foot bridge.

I have friends in Kill St Lawrence, they are very happy. It seems like a lovely place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

sydsad wrote: »
    Yeah, that was one of two reasons id be a bit hesitant..the other, being so far away from town.

Had a look at a house in adelphi key just now. Nice house i have to say. Seems pretty quiet and secure.

keep well away to be honest.

kill st lawrence is a million times nicer imo.its not that far away from town,20-25 mins walk and bus' every 20 mins from johns park which is just down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

sydsad wrote: »

I wouldn't worry to much about that,sure there not even real ones they live in houses not caravans up there!!

And town is only in the road sure the bus go's from John's park.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have a mate living there the last few years,he likes living there :),fine houses aswell

Ah thanks for all the info and that lads. Had a look at a couple of other houses as well.

Gonna leave it off til the new year methinks now though. Didnt find anything that suited us and then when we did, it was gone :(.

Thanks again :)

Advertisement