Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spiderman

Options
  • 31-10-2010 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

I hope this rain stops soon. There's certain little spiderman who will be very angry if he can't go knocking on doors.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Knock on doors? Why do that when he can use his web slinging abilities to knick the whole bowl of candy from an open window? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

To be honest I can't remember a Halloween where it wasn't bucketing down. Spidey will be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

I'd say the council will be happy. Less fires for them to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I hope this rain stops soon. There's certain little spiderman who will be very angry if he can't go knocking on doors.:D

Wow, spiderman is out of work? I blame FF/Developers/Banks/Atari Jaguar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Ehh.. I hope its not the same spiderman who was involved in a massive brawl in Shelbourne Park last night! There was a large superhero contingent there apparently determined to thwart evil doers.. by getting drunk and having a Braveheart style war during the second last race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Ehh.. I hope its not the same spiderman who was involved in a massive brawl in Shelbourne Park last night! There was a large superhero contingent there apparently determined to thwart evil doers.. by getting drunk and having a Braveheart style war during the second last race.

Please tell me there are pictures of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

If ever there was a time for sensationalized tabloid journalism...this is it. I'm gonna go check the NOTW and SW...i'm sure Paul Williams will have something to say about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Please tell me there's a link to that?

Collie D wrote: »
    Please tell me there's a link to that?
    Didn't get any pictures or video was too stunned by a six foot Bugs Bunny being restrained by security guards. Also Sonic the Hedgehog was lying on the ground, unconcious for about ten minutes. Im sure it will end up on youtube soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

It was disgraceful those guys were hammered when they arrived and they should have been cut off. I compared them earlier that night to football hooligans with their antics and a fight or some sort of argument was bound to happen. The security were totally ill equipped to deal with it they got as much thumps in the brawl as anyone. Kids and bookies were slammed up against the race track wall in what was a mass mob brawl. It was mental. The guy dressed as Ali G ran as soon as he heard sirens. Some guy dressed as a fireman ran from the upper balcony and joined the fight by swinging his helmet and waylaying someone. I hope Shelbourne Park has CCTV and some arrests are made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

It's not raining here. Cold, but otherwise lovely out.

Ye better not send it westwards.

Mike_Hunt wrote: »
    It was disgraceful those guys were hammered when they arrived and they should have been cut off. I compared them earlier that night to football hooligans with their antics and a fight or some sort of argument was bound to happen. The security were totally ill equipped to deal with it they got as much thumps in the brawl as anyone. Kids and bookies were slammed up against the race track wall in what was a mass mob brawl. It was mental. The guy dressed as Ali G ran as soon as he heard sirens. Some guy dressed as a fireman ran from the upper balcony and joined the fight by swinging his helmet and waylaying someone. I hope Shelbourne Park has CCTV and some arrests are made.

Sounds like great entertainment tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

11am - I'm only out of bed...

doorbell rings...

rings again...

and again...

ffs...

"Trick or Treat"

I opened my door to see the following:

A little Spiderman, a zombie witch, a Scream type ghost with large pretend cleaver covered in blood and a twinchy skeleton (age 1?)in a buggy...

all of this occurred in torrential rain...

rain will NOT stop kids collecting sweets...
    it may just make the parents accompanying them grumpy...

ps.

They called this morning because they are not allowed out tonight, too dangerous and scary!! :eek:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ! :D

Sounds like great entertainment tbh!
    I especially enjoyed seeing Ali G getting a beating.. I've been wanting to do that for years. Also thought all the people who came as police were very convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Also thought all the people who came as police were very convincing.

ha ha was that because they arrived well after the fact and did nothing

Being a skeptic...I don't believe that this brawl thing happened. The only people who saw it appear to have a very low post count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

I'd say the council will be happy. Less fires for them to put out.

You're thinking of the Fire Brigade.

mp3kid wrote: »
    You're thinking of the Fire Brigade.

Dublin Fire Brigade are run by....Dublin City Council. :rolleyes:

Advertisement