satellitetv.ie - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-10-2010, 13:19   #1
liammccarthy

satellitetv.ie

hi has anyone had any dealings with satellitetv .ie? or preferably <snip>. my experience began august 26th when he installed a motorised system for me. the reciever used was a tm800hd which i had previously told him on the phone I didnt think was fully working. anyway it was installed ok no problem there, I got no information from him about the reciever or if something went wrong or how to rectify it .he just told me that in a couple of months i would learn a lot more as i go, that i would only understand about 10% of what he told me. anyway after trying to update the reciever I lost everything no satellites, no picture, no dish moving, I have nothing , nothing since september 5th, after phoning him numerous times i have been promised he will call.The last time he was contacted was october 2nd and i was promised the week ending the 23rd october, guess what no show .I paid good money for this system i would expect some customer service as is the norm for most companies but maybe not for satellitetv.ie .So thats it sorry about such a long note but thats my experience of <snip> and satellitetv.ie . I would not recommend him I have learnt a lesson about motorised systems

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh; 28-01-2014 at 15:11. Reason: Name removed
Advertisement
24-10-2010, 13:26   #2
carbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liammccarthy View Post
hi has anyone had any dealings with satellitetv .ie? or preferably <snip>. my experience began august 26th when he installed a motorised system for me. the reciever used was a tm800hd which i had previously told him on the phone I didnt think was fully working. anyway it was installed ok no problem there, I got no information from him about the reciever or if something went wrong or how to rectify it .he just told me that in a couple of months i would learn a lot more as i go, that i would only understand about 10% of what he told me. anyway after trying to update the reciever I lost everything no satellites, no picture, no dish moving, I have nothing , nothing since september 5th, after phoning him numerous times i have been promised he will call.The last time he was contacted was october 2nd and i was promised the week ending the 23rd october, guess what no show .I paid good money for this system i would expect some customer service as is the norm for most companies but maybe not for satellitetv.ie .So thats it sorry about such a long note but thats my experience of <snip> and satellitetv.ie . I would not recommend him I have learnt a lesson about motorised systems
Let me get this straight.You supplied your own receiver and you mucked it up and you expect <snip> to fix it?

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh; 28-01-2014 at 15:11.
Thanks from:
24-10-2010, 13:29   #3
pelisor2000
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to pelisor2000

if you update the receiver and lost all the data is not is fault...

Last edited by pelisor2000; 24-10-2010 at 13:30. Reason: v
Thanks from:
24-10-2010, 13:34   #4
recyclebin

Did you buy the box off satellitetv aswell? Updates normally wipe your settings so it may be just a matter of setting the box up again!

We need to hear the full story before we can comment.

Having said that I bought a vu+ duo off him and the scart socket wasn't working. <snip> wasn't too helpful so I got help from a vu+ forum. I changed the original image on the box with the VTI image and the scart worked fine.

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh; 28-01-2014 at 15:12.
24-10-2010, 14:47   #5
fish fingers

They are a bit awkward to get going, are you ever up around Galway? Iv set up one for my cousin, I could set up your one for you.
Have a look here for help http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/tm800hd.html

Last edited by fish fingers; 24-10-2010 at 14:50.
Advertisement
24-10-2010, 17:01   #6
Headshot

From my experience Satellite installers hate motorised dishes because the know the customer will expect them to fix the dish when ever its faulty or somthing and they wont get paid for it.
24-10-2010, 18:00   #7
michael999999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
From my experience Satellite installers hate motorised dishes because the know the customer will expect them to fix the dish when ever its faulty or somthing and they wont get paid for it.
its not too much to ask a satellite installer to be able to fix what hes selling/fitting is it?
if the satellite installer did not provide the dish then he should either not have fitted it for him,or if he agreed to fit the system he should have made sure all the components he was fitting were working properly.
its not good enough to take payment for providing a service and then not explaining how to use the system you have just installed.
24-10-2010, 18:04   #8
liammccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsy View Post
Let me get this straight.You supplied your own receiver and you mucked it up and you expect <snip> to fix it?
he supplied reciever

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh; 28-01-2014 at 15:12.
24-10-2010, 18:11   #9
michael999999

i rang him a few months back as i seen one of the motorised systems on hes website,i was thinking about buying one.i asked him a few questions the last one being could he send me a channel list of the channels i would get.he couldnt provide one or tell me any channels that would be on it.i didnt buy one.glad now.
Advertisement
24-10-2010, 18:21   #10
Galway

In my experience the company and installer referred to was the ONLY one in 3, I have had in that was able to properly set up a motorised system, which I have had for over 18 months now. I know quite a bit about satellite tv, I can install, and have installed fixed dish systems but do not have the expertise to attempt a motorised setup. When my motorand dish needed adjustment due to very strong winds, this was done for no extra charge. What has been recounted here is very uncharacteristic of this installer but also it is unfair to name explicitly the individual in a post. In my experience the installer in question always tells it how it is, but does not suffer fools gladly. If you have updated your receiver and lost all the settings, it means there is more than likely nothing wrong with the set up of the hardware, i.e. the motor and the dish. You need to use the USALS option, select a satellite and active transponder and the USALS sofware should re calculate the position of the other satellites on the arc. If you have a receiver handbook, it might be worth reading it.

I can only recommend him highly from my dealings.

Last edited by Galway; 24-10-2010 at 18:31.
24-10-2010, 19:04   #11
carbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liammccarthy View Post
he supplied reciever
ok... and it was working when the installer left.The only reason it's not working now is down to yourself.Motorised systems are not for the novice user tbh and it's unfair to hold the installer responsible as it sounds like he did his job correctly.

I'd suggest you read up more on the matter and try and fix it yourself.
24-10-2010, 19:22   #12
fish fingers

Liam, I can try and help you here, or in the link i provided. I have experience with one of these recievers as i said. I also have a motorised dish . My username is Hooley in the other site. Let me know sure.
24-10-2010, 19:51   #13
liammccarthy

Quote:
ok... and it was working when the installer left.The only reason it's not working now is down to yourself.Motorised systems are not for the novice user tbh and it's unfair to hold the installer responsible as it sounds like he did his job correctly.

i am reading up as much as i can . i was left with a reciever as far as i know was not fully working all i was looking was for some after sales support or help.
24-10-2010, 19:53   #14
liammccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish fingers View Post
Liam, I can try and help you here, or in the link i provided. I have experience with one of these recievers as i said. I also have a motorised dish . My username is Hooley in the other site. Let me know sure.
hi can you help? send me a pm please
25-10-2010, 00:16   #15
michael999999

Quote:

should <snip> not have explained how to use it before he took hes money?

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh; 28-01-2014 at 15:12. Reason: name removed

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion