Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] L85

Options
  • 11-10-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Looking for a l85 either a1 or 2 to work on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Hi deceit,

As per previous thread, I have an AA L85 which isn't working at the moment. It's mostly fine, but recently the piston broke at the first few teeth. It takes an 18 tooth piston.
    The other issue is this. I opened it up to confirm the damaged piston. In closing it afterwards I must have made a mistake with the wiring, now no power is reaching the motor, a short perhaps. I haven't looked any further yet.
    Price E130
    I'm heading for the bed now coz I'm about to headbutt the computer, so I'll check back in the morning,

Nighty night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Hi deceit,

As per previous thread, I have an AA L85 which isn't working at the moment. It's mostly fine, but recently the piston broke at the first few teeth. It takes an 18 tooth piston.
    The other issue is this. I opened it up to confirm the damaged piston. In closing it afterwards I must have made a mistake with the wiring, now no power is reaching the motor, a short perhaps. I haven't looked any further yet.
    Price E130
    I'm heading for the bed now coz I'm about to headbutt the computer, so I'll check back in the morning,

Nighty night

Do you have any pictures of the gun so can see its condition? Are the trigger contacts damaged in anyway?

Don't know if the contacts are damaged, but I doubt it as it was running before I opened and closed it, and I didn't go near them. Here are some pics with the original hi-cap. As you probably know, it takes m4/stanag mags.

One more
    As you can see it's a nice morning in Sligo:)

deceit, I just had a thought - I'd be up for some class of trade too if that suited you.

• Advertisement

deceit, I just had a thought - I'd be up for some class of trade too if that suited you.

Just checked this now, completely forgot I put it up sorry :(. What would you be interested in as a swap or p/x. One problem is you being in sligo and me in dublin though.

Ha ha not even sure what I would like for a trade! Here's some stuff I'm on the lookout for at the moment: decent tigerstripe bdu, a metal body, cocking tube and RIS for a long G3(SG1), GBB pistol - 1911 would be nice, some kind of 4x optics for AEGs, and Harris style bi-pod. Other than that it's a case of what have you got?:rolleyes:

As for the Sligo/Dublin thing we could post, or meet halfway on the road somewhere. Also I have some airsofting and non-airsofting friends who travel up and down regularly who could do us a favour. If you were buying the L85 outright, I would be prepared to take care of the postage cost on my end, which is around E18 registered An Post.

I have a taurus pt99 if thats any use to you?

PT99 just doesn't grab me I'm afraid...

Advertisement