Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Clarke protest?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

I usually listen to most of this show, indeed the only thing I make a point of listening to on 2FM these days. As it turned out I only got to catch a small part of it and I thought I heard John say something and I wanted to go back to listen again on the RTE website.

As is the case on presenter will plug another's show and John was telling the listeners that all the 2FM presenters were decending on Galway to 'welcome' Hector to the station. In almost the same breath he remarked that Brendan Balfe retired a fortnight previously after 46 years at RTE and "there wasn't one person on the footsteps".

It probably passed by most people who were listening, but it shows how strongly John felt about a radio legend departing without fanfare -the man whose voice was one of the first on the then Radio 2.

Maybe John isn't all that keen on the fanfare being made for Hector?

If you want to listen to it, try here . Hope that link works, he said it around 1:35pm, immediately after Sonny and Cher I got you babe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Really like John Clarke's voice and choice of music on that show. Wasn't listening today (and I'm having trouble with sound on my laptop, so can't listen to playback) but fair play to him for at least making the point. You go, John...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

I doubt John thinks Hector is the man for the job, he brought in Colm & Jim.

Advertisement