Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trushmore DTT

Options
  • 21-06-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

I,ve no digital from Trushmore this evening, anyone else having problems ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

where is Trushmore?, what area u in?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Yep, no digital signal from Truskmore, Sligo since at least 19.00 hrs on monday.
    TV3 and TG4 analogue weaker than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

Thanks Frisian,

Regards,

Gerry

Ah Sligo, ok
    Same for me in south Co. Sligo. No DTT whatsoever

Back, just watched the football on two.

• Advertisement

same, happy days, let the good times roll

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

Dose anyone else have a very erratic signal.
    Up and Down like a Yo-Yo.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

easkey wrote: »
    Dose anyone else have a very erratic signal.
    Up and Down like a Yo-Yo.:confused:
    Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to your recent email.

As you may be aware, we are currently replacing our mast at Truskmore which has been in operation for nearly 50 years. This is a major infrastructural project which entails periods of reduced power operation and/or outages in order to allow our staff work on the new mast under safe working conditions. In order to minimise disruption to some of the transposers which receive their signals from Truskmore, such as Árainn Mhór, we have temporarily switched to an off-air satellite feed at some sites. This explains why the picture format is 4:3 from this site.

As the work at Truskmore is still on-going, we cannot advise you presently as to when normal operation will resume at Árainn Mhór. However, we would expect this to happen over the next few weeks or so. Please note that Nicam sound is also inactive from this transposer.

Regards,

RTÉ Network Support

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭egal

There was an announcement just now after the news saying there would be an "outage" tomorrow from 9.30 to 12.30. I wonder is the work on the new mast nearly finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There has been what looks like a new transmitter on top of the new mast for the last few weeks. With a bit of luck, they'll turn it on tomorrow

• Advertisement

RTÉ one and two are off on VHF today, TV3 and TG4 +E53 are running as usual atm.

Frisian wrote: »
    RTÉ one and two are off on VHF today, TV3 and TG4 +E53 are running as usual atm.

Ive heard that RTE 1 and Rte 2 will be transmitted using UHF aswell as VHF? not sure how true this is, does anyone know for sure?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ive heard that RTE 1 and Rte 2 will be transmitted using UHF aswell as VHF? not sure how true this is, does anyone know for sure?
    Regarding analogue, I know they were allocated UHF frequencies back years and years ago, but it never came to pass (up in the C50's). I'd highly doubt they'll switch from VHF now, except to DTT (which is UHF of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

RTE have stated, that the VHF analogue main sites will not be upgraded to UHF as was originally planned. They will run on current channels till ASO. (Someplace this is on RTENL site)

The complete analogue UHF changeover plan was abandoned some years ago after they changed the VHF relays?

The saorview DTT will be all UHF. Despite that some VHF DTT tests done originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Just wondering is Castlebar a relay of Truskmore and is work at Truskmore ongoing? RTE 1 & 2 from C'bar seem to be on a backup satellite feed for the last few days. Sound is mono and the picture is letterboxed 16:9 when telly is set to 4:3 ratio. TG4 seems normal with Nicam stereo sound.

I can't help you with the Castlebar query. I took a drive up near Truskmore last Saturday and saw a person absailing or whatever down a stay wire. There were a few more people at the bottom of the mast.

photo.php?pid=4774794&l=7c69b56aa3&id=591748737

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Just wondering is Castlebar a relay of Truskmore and is work at Truskmore ongoing? RTE 1 & 2 from C'bar seem to be on a backup satellite feed for the last few days. Sound is mono and the picture is letterboxed 16:9 when telly is set to 4:3 ratio. TG4 seems normal with Nicam stereo sound.

More than likely it is a Truskmore relay, see the email I received from RTENL a few weeks ago regarding the Arrain Mhor relay, which still hasn't been resolved
    Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to your recent email.

As you may be aware, we are currently replacing our mast at Truskmore which has been in operation for nearly 50 years. This is a major infrastructural project which entails periods of reduced power operation and/or outages in order to allow our staff work on the new mast under safe working conditions. In order to minimise disruption to some of the transposers which receive their signals from Truskmore, such as Árainn Mhór, we have temporarily switched to an off-air satellite feed at some sites. This explains why the picture format is 4:3 from this site.

As the work at Truskmore is still on-going, we cannot advise you presently as to when normal operation will resume at Árainn Mhór. However, we would expect this to happen over the next few weeks or so. Please note that Nicam sound is also inactive from this transposer.

Regards,

RTÉ Network Support

byte

FM seems to have been down most of the day from Truskmore today.

Is there still an Aertel page somewhere that shows what work is being carried out at transmitters? It'd be nice if their website or something had indication of what work was being carried out and services that may be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They used to put it on Web site and Teletext. Not any more.

byte

watty wrote: »
    They used to put it on Web site and Teletext. Not any more.
    That's a bit shambolic. Surely aerial riggers etc. find such information handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Network Monitoring Centre IN NL

http://www.rtenl.ie/aboutus_nmc.htm

They have a news page.... not too sure its up to date with the level of detail provided in the email though.

http://www.rtenl.ie/news.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Good link STB, thanks.

Has anyone told Black Briar about their Frequency Planning Service?
    http://www.rtenl.ie/aboutus_frpl.htm

"Field trials with respect to frequency selection and coverage calculations, as well as compatibility with existing services."

Obviously Presely never bothered ringing them. :)

byte

STB wrote: »
    Network Monitoring Centre IN NL

http://www.rtenl.ie/aboutus_nmc.htm

They have a news page.... not too sure its up to date with the level of detail provided in the email though.

http://www.rtenl.ie/news.asp
    Thanks for the link.

I suppose it's better than nothing, though a page detailing current outages/low power would be beneficial (it sure used to be handy on Aertel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Haven't had a chance to play for DTT from Truskmore for a few days (receiver's in the attic until I get the chance to rearrange a few coax cables) but I've noticed in the last few days that RTÉ1 and RTÉ2 on VHF are now coming in pretty much rock-solid now, as good off-air reception there's ever been, TV3 and TG4 still seem to be on reduced power though.

They've been busy up there all week. the Radio is off again today. I'm getting a new arial today so hopefully I can get TV3 andTG4 better than they are at the moment

There has been a flashing light appearing at the top at nights for a couple of days now. Also the foot is well lit as if there were works being carried out.
    I'm 22km away with no spyglasses so can't really tell what is going on there at nighttimes.:o

I got my new antenna a few weeks ago and it didn't make a blind bit of difference because of my position. However the new mast seems to have been turned on last week because now I'm getting analogue and digital with 100% perfect picture, even on a rabbit's ears in the kitchen. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Two articles in Wed's newspapers relating to aviation light problems on the new at Truskmore

Articles posted in the Mullaghanish thread - DTT Tests @ Mullaghanish

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

I see Trushmore are tranmitting on channel 57 now, as 53.
    On my metre 2db lower approx.
    Is this the begining of more DTT channels from our state broadcaster : :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement