Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Project Management (PMBOK)

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Has anyone taken this course?

I'd be interested in hearing what people who have completed it though of it

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Thought about taking it too, but it seems to me they'll just send us a pdf file with general information about Project Management and only God knows if it's enough to pursue a certification afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 StringerB

Almost finished this course, started it about 8 weeks ago. It runs for 10 weeks, totalling about 55 hours of learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭bikermartin

is that the online course advertised on fas website:confused:

Yes, you do all your learning online.
    Its like watching a series of powerpoint presentations that match to chapters in the PMBOK guide and complete an online assessment at the end of every chapter, to meet the learning requirements.
    Then you do an exam prep simulation before the final exam which takes place in an exam centre in Dublin.

i am a construction graduate , just wonder if it a course that is suitable for my profession. What sector do work in yourself ?

• Advertisement

Working, I wish !
    Formerly Engineer in the plastics industry
    The thing about project management is that its transferable across nearly all industry sectors, from IT to banking to construction.
    Have a look at the PMI website http://www.pmi.org/, they are the people who actually award the qualification, Fás just run the course.

thanks ,i will contact fas tomorrow about it.the prospects for construction graduates here in ireland is dire at the moment, so keep trying is the only answer :eek::eek::eek:

do i need any specific software to do this course ?:confused:

No software required, but you will need a good broadband connection

Just a heads up when you speak to Fás tomorrow:

The officail line from PMI is that they want people to have a certain number of hours work experience in project management before they can award the CAPM certification.
    My experience was that, eventhough I had 3 years experience in project management, because I was unemployed the lady interviewing me seemed to be reluctant to allow me on the course, saying that I "really need to be the industry to be accepted onto the course" !!!
    I questioned the logic of this, and she conceded my point and allowed onto the course.

So bear that in mind, play to the strengths of being a recent graduate and having hours working on academic project and a big interest in becoming a project manager.....blah blah

Let me know the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

Hi guys,

I presume this is for the CAPM qualification rather than the PMP qualification, right?

• Advertisement

Yes, the CAPM

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shamrockone

With the changes coming in fas are courses like this one still available?

Advertisement