Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E122 / Huawei D100 Compatibility

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Switched over to the NBS package from 3 broadband active so as i could avail of 25GB data allowance.

I took out new contract and took the E122 dongle for 19 euro's.
    Now the problem is while the E122 works ok, it will not work when plugged into my D1OO router.

Just wondering has anybody else had same problem.Think it might be a firmware issue with router.

I already have E169G and E180 dongle the latter which i'm using presently.Is there anything to be gained by trying to get E122 working with router or is E180 sufficient?
    The guy on NBS line with 3 said E122 would work better, but sure he's only making a sale i suppose.

Any help appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Helium wrote: »
    Switched over to the NBS package from 3 broadband active so as i could avail of 25GB data allowance.

I took out new contract and took the E122 dongle for 19 euro's.
    Now the problem is while the E122 works ok, it will not work when plugged into my D1OO router.

Just wondering has anybody else had same problem.Think it might be a firmware issue with router.

I already have E169G and E180 dongle the latter which i'm using presently.Is there anything to be gained by trying to get E122 working with router or is E180 sufficient?
    The guy on NBS line with 3 said E122 would work better, but sure he's only making a sale i suppose.

Any help appreciated, Thanks!

D100 does not work with E122 and no difference between E122 and E180

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

Thanks for reply, but surely it can't be a case of 'it doesn't work' end of!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Na you can get it workin but why bother at the moment, your E180 works the exact same as your E122

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

While there is noticeable improvement in speed and signal since repeater was installed, still find connection dropping frequently with the E180.

With the E169G the connection seldom dropped but downloads a lot slower.

I'm beginning to think the problem is with the D100 router because doesn't seem to be a problem with connection dropping when E180 plugged directly into usb on pc, but unfortuanately need wireless access.

Anybody any ideas like is it possible to upgrade firmware on D100. Google not much help in that department.

Also changing APN does not make any difference because i've tried already.

937460688.png

937474182.png

Advertisement