Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow IY - Law! :D

Options
  • 22-07-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Heeeylo! :)
    So i was thinking of doing Law in Carlow this September, & was just wondering is there anyone here doing it or planning to ? & what ye think of it? :D
    Thankyou! xo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

Its a very challenging degree! :) expect to spend many hours in the library if ya wanna do well! Lecturers are sound too! last year and a fairly nice first year group!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

Hi sarah!!I'm in the law course myself and would be happy to answer any of your questions!I'll private message u my email

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

yer in there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Doriath wrote: »
    Its a very challenging degree! :) expect to spend many hours in the library if ya wanna do well! Lecturers are sound too! last year and a fairly nice first year group!
    Hi there, I'm hoping to start either the BA (CW708) or the Level 6 (CW706) in September and have heard a lot of people say it's very "challenging" without anyone specifying what elements are challenging.

Obviously, different people find different things challenging, but in general what are the challenges? Memorising? Understanding the Concepts?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i only did a year long class in business law, but by thors hammer you need to remember an awful lot of stuff. We pointed out that we weren't studying to be lawyers, so we didn't have to remember the dates of any of the cases.. but you will, and there are hundreds of them. I'm not exxagerating there either, you will likely have to learn an absolute ****load of case studies. like i said i can only speak for business law, which you might not even do as part of a law degree.. but the understanding and the concepts aren't that difficult.. it's the remembering bookloads of information and remembering it in detail that will hurt.
    little bit of advice, attend lectures and by god read the books in your spare time. don't just cram towards the exams, a few hours a week reading over the case studies over and over and over again will help you in a big way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

Heading that way myself in September if I get the offer!! Cant wait for the challenge :)

Advertisement